Rate this topic

100 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, PhotoManTrav said:

Nice grab, no sea lice so I assume it might be a holdover, but who knows. 

Then again, that is a fairly bright fish for a Charles River holdover. 

Perhaps knowing generally where it was caught, i.e. upper, lower Charles, basin, locks, etc. would be helpful.  

1 hour ago, Joe G said:

Then again, that is a fairly bright fish for a Charles River holdover. 

Perhaps knowing generally where it was caught, i.e. upper, lower Charles, basin, locks, etc. would be helpful.  

None of the ones I get up in the freshwater stretch of that river ever have lice. But I couldn't tell you if the fish are holdovers or if sea lice just don't last the trip into freshwater

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hey guys, just an update from last night. 

I didn't get a chance to get to Weymouth, I did make it out to Lynn area yesterday. 

Conditions were a bit chilly but pretty ideal considering. Light wind from the the south east, not really a lot of surface disruption. 

Fished in the tail end of incoming into outgoing from 11pm to 1am. I used Top waters spooks, darker swim baits/paddle tails, and darker stick baits, slow retrieve with pops here and there, not even a nibble.

I think we're still a couple of weeks out from a more consistent bite up in this area. 

I'm definitely going to try more south towards Situate, Weymouth and Quincy this upcoming week when I have more time.  

Anyone else get out last night or this morning?

Edited by PhotoManTrav

22 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Be careful as not to be to spot specific  

Good luck out there.

Catch em up

Spot burn is ok as long as it's not the canal. Maybe it will draw away some of the canal traffic so people can actually fish it in peace

17 mins ago, billyrayeast said:

none of the 2 I caught had any lice on them...I figured holdovers to be honest and I caught them at the jail

Holdover or not?  I'm split on this, but I'm leaning to not a holdover....60/40

I think coloration is too bright to be a holdover.  Holdover would have darker sides.  Fish has lost any sea lice it might have had. 

That said, on the other hand, the fish is not racer as you would expect it might be after swimming north.  Fish is chubby.  Obviously has eaten well which might be the case if it was a Charles River holdover. 

51 mins ago, SortaNice said:

I have seen a couple fish on the south side of Wollaston Beach but not seen any caught despite a lot of people trying

Sounds about right. That seems to be the story I'm hearing that the move UP IS happening, but the bite is not super active yet. I haven't seen any major bait pools here either as well.

Good into though, I'm gonna head down and check these southern areas next week. 

Hope this was not anymore here trying to scout a new spot. Someone got a Uhaul truck stuck in the mud.

Edited by TimS
They won't allow the video to be embedded here - sorry

2 hours ago, johnysmoke said:

Hope this was not anymore here trying to scout a new spot. Someone got a Uhaul truck stuck in the mud.

Lmao. Took the term "Send it" a little to literally. 

2 hours ago, johnysmoke said:

How did they even get it down that far? I had something similar happen with 2 kayaks at Nickerson beach in Quincy. Don't ever go to that mud trap to launch kayaks.

Edited by TimS
quote edited

Update, someone in one of the private groups I'm in just posted this today. I won't blow up the spot, but I will say it's Metro Boston. 

With the size of this fish, that tells me all I need to know that we are still early for the busy time of the season for us to this way. 

We're getting close though. 

Screenshot_20220519-134511~2.png

I’ve been getting them since first week in May - have to fish the right tides or stumble upon a blitz