Goldy

Spring run goes fast….

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

Well you blink and its close to over for the guys on the sand.   With water temps rapidly rising and June around the corner its close to over for the migratory fish on the sand.  

Yes we have a chance of big fish out front on top water.  Soon it will become a boat game thru mid june.  

its amazing how fast the season goes.  We had some wicked conditions.  Who could have predicted heavy NW for days and then heavy NE for days as well.  

well best of luck the remaining part of the year.  

I agree. What wicked conditions we had for spring with so much NE and NW wind. It was good for certain areas/anglers but I don't really venture "up there" and I wasn't out front much for the NW.

I'm holding faith that the backside of this moon will treat us all good still for stripes...hopefully. 

I skunked last outing but the pattern from previous trips seemed to hold true. I'm sure it's waning though. First cast fish on, fish off. Next cast fish rolled. Then couldnt reach. Fish kept pushing further and further away... I think because I was highbeamed w/a 1,000,000 candlepower headlamp immediately and alllll over the water, sky, blinded etc. I really witnessed the power of light killing a bite. It was extremely obvious. I know things are changing and I'm going to give it a push this week if family and work allow. We'll see...

Best of luck to you as well, Goldy!

3 hours ago, Basswiper said:

I agree. What wicked conditions we had for spring with so much NE and NW wind. It was good for certain areas/anglers but I don't really venture "up there" and I wasn't out front much for the NW.

I'm holding faith that the backside of this moon will treat us all good still for stripes...hopefully. 

I skunked last outing but the pattern from previous trips seemed to hold true. I'm sure it's waning though. First cast fish on, fish off. Next cast fish rolled. Then couldnt reach. Fish kept pushing further and further away... I think because I was highbeamed w/a 1,000,000 candlepower headlamp immediately and alllll over the water, sky, blinded etc. I really witnessed the power of light killing a bite. It was extremely obvious. I know things are changing and I'm going to give it a push this week if family and work allow. We'll see...

Best of luck to you as well, Goldy!

Well, only time will tell..  Im not much of an out front fisherman until the fall. so we will see.. 

8 hours ago, Goldy said:

Well you blink and its close to over for the guys on the sand.   With water temps rapidly rising and June around the corner its close to over for the migratory fish on the sand.  

Yes we have a chance of big fish out front on top water.  Soon it will become a boat game thru mid june.  

its amazing how fast the season goes.  We had some wicked conditions.  Who could have predicted heavy NW for days and then heavy NE for days as well.  

I'm finally getting out for the 1st time on Weds.  Well, there's always fluke to catch anyway :p

To think we were waiting for the bite from winter and now summer is basically here. Weather has been just as a pain as the crowds on the ground. Stripers in open water has been pretty solid from last fall right into this spring. Hopefully they stay around again like last fall. 

15 hours ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

To think we were waiting for the bite from winter and now summer is basically here. Weather has been just as a pain as the crowds on the ground. Stripers in open water has been pretty solid from last fall right into this spring. Hopefully they stay around again like last fall. 

It is amazing how fast time goes.  I need a dicksled so i can hang with u

Did well the end of March and April catching but staying away from the crowds..back problems caused me to miss the May action ..going today for the epidural shot in the back and hope to get back into the bite...

In addition to all the curve balls the weather has been tossing us, the normally reliable bayshore blluefish have been very sporadic so far. TFour skunks in a row for me. Yesterday I only saw 1 3 lbs. caught out of a dozen guys fishing hard.

39 mins ago, ridenfish said:

But he has to pedal the thing, that's a lot of work :D

Yes. Way too much work

1 hour ago, Borneo said:

In addition to all the curve balls the weather has been tossing us, the normally reliable bayshore blluefish have been very sporadic so far. TFour skunks in a row for me. Yesterday I only saw 1 3 lbs. caught out of a dozen guys fishing hard.

Yeah, I think they reduced the bluefish limit 5 years too late. 

On 5/16/2022 at 6:00 AM, Goldy said:

I was just thinking about this early this morning.... its a very short window and that week of NE wind seemed to scatter things a bit -for better or worse idk but i figure its saving me some gas money lol... but Goldy it does sound like you got some good fish this spring so far!! 

with the cold weather lasting so long into early spring (march) and all the other strange weather patterns, I personally feel like its going to be a late season again , like last year it seemed like the whole year was 2 to 4 weeks late like a moon phase out of timing or something idk. just my thoughts... who knows- its fishing after all!  If its like last year, I have written down in my log that fish were being consistently caught to the end of july. although these fish you did have to work for, and know where to go-  they were not the fish in the barrel like we can all so easily get used too this time of year. but hey its fishing! its nice to just be out on the water 

2 hours ago, Danny1199 said:

Yeah, I think they reduced the bluefish limit 5 years too late. 

100%. I remember people filling garbage bags and walking off. 15 gators

1 hour ago, Mr.Belmar said:

I was just thinking about this early this morning.... its a very short window and that week of NE wind seemed to scatter things a bit -for better or worse idk but i figure its saving me some gas money lol... but Goldy it does sound like you got some good fish this spring so far!! 

with the cold weather lasting so long into early spring (march) and all the other strange weather patterns, I personally feel like its going to be a late season again , like last year it seemed like the whole year was 2 to 4 weeks late like a moon phase out of timing or something idk. just my thoughts... who knows- its fishing after all!  If its like last year, I have written down in my log that fish were being consistently caught to the end of july. although these fish you did have to work for, and know where to go-  they were not the fish in the barrel like we can all so easily get used too this time of year. but hey its fishing! its nice to just be out on the water 

Thanks.. This spring was tough for me.. The crowds.. no matter where I went, the crowds were everywhere.. Seen people in places i never see people unless I know them.

Saw one guy in a spot, first time ever he said fishing eels.. and it's a spot someone has to show you.. Just insane amount of crowds...