FISH BUCKET

Century tip tornado ld for sale

19 posts in this topic

friend of mine got a ttld afew years back 13'. he hated that rod, so he loaned it to me. I didn't like it either, so I gave it back. That rod has a great tip action, yet the butt section just was so stiff, just  couldn't  get a feel for it. So he cut it down to 11'6" all from the but. that mod turned the rod into a super nice long casting fishing machine.

so tempted to get this. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Never seen one without the indicator tip. What year is this? Doesn't look like the factory build.

Edited by Bassadana

By indicator tip do you mean the white tape spiraled on top guide or two?

i have seen many without tape…….think that is an english thing…..

not sure of year…..not factory for sure 

Edited by FISH BUCKET

Got ya. What about the guides? Hardaloy, Alconite, SIC? I don't think the Torzide's were not out when this was made.

Edited by Bassadana

i have a hard time dirrerenting between guide materials….know they atre not torzite….most likely alconiite possibly sic…..i’ll post a close up of guide a little later

i have a hard time dirrerenting between guide materials….know they atre not torzite….most likely alconiite possibly sic…..i’ll post a close up of guide a little later…..fuji’s

C9FFF4D1-93D8-42EB-A9C9-0475A6E30B38.jpeg.52970804ea72bafc3ac7b0afb8c06d18.jpeg62C5FA17-5879-4EA8-ACFB-E2ACA27A1F21.jpeg.6c1dba50054547eb2083d49dbed9d14c.jpeg