JimKu

May fishing reports

Rate this topic

63 posts in this topic

How about some fishing reports. No spot burns. Just a general idea of what is going on. 
First salt trip yesterday evening from shore near Fall River. Fished a spot I haven’t been to in years. I was filled with joy when a bass smacked my smack it jr plug. I proceeded to catch about 8 fish between 18, 24”. One on albie snax. No one else around. Very enjoyable. 

Plenty of tog and scup in the canal.  Today must have been "keep everything you catch day" in the canal.  Every fish I saw went directly into a white bucket without being measured.:shaky:

35 mins ago, bob_G said:

Plenty of tog and scup in the canal.  Today must have been "keep everything you catch day" in the canal.  Every fish I saw went directly into a white bucket without being measured.:shaky:

As always, sadly. I spoke to a group the other day and I told him about the size, he said "Its big enough" without measuring it. Looks very undersized to me...... sad. 

54 mins ago, bob_G said:

Yep, with the price of food increasing, you'll be seeing more and more folk taking short fish to satisfy their family's protein needs. 

Furthermore, in this inflationary period, I wager you'll see very little law enforcement addressing this issue. 

33 mins ago, Joe G said:

Furthermore, in this inflationary period, I wager you'll see very little law enforcement addressing this issue. 

they address issues?

caught this at the Charles this morning and 1 of his friends...pretty decent for mid may..caught and released and no worse for wear

20220514_081213_HDR.jpg

7 hours ago, bob_G said:

Laws are optional these days. 

17 hours ago, mikez2 said:

No. Oatmeal ball moistened with orange Gatorade. The suckah too.

Try grape Gatorade or Welches grape juice with either oatmeal or wonder bread. My son targets them at times and swears by the grape flavor.