Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. May 14 - May 21

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

10 mins ago, LockedDrag said:

Nothing to learn. I ain’t no poacher but if people wanna start spreading lies, then why not be a poacher? Give them something to complain about to keep them entertained and find on the shoreline all year

You admitted last year that you and "your boys" were live lining short tog for stripers. That's poaching my friend.

23 mins ago, LockedDrag said:

Nothing to learn. I ain’t no poacher but if people wanna start spreading lies, then why not be a poacher? Give them something to complain about to keep them entertained and find on the shoreline all year

first and foremost i've seen buddy fishing at a bunch of spots in RI and i can say for sure dude is a stand up angler that enjoys fishing and definitely helps contribute with others (even strangers) get on fish, not once have i ever seen him poach or take advantage of our fishery... also know the exact spot he's been slaying at (sadly he's been out fishing me lol ) but seriously i've seen him and his buddies releasing plenty of basses these pass few days especially the bigger ones

20 mins ago, Sayaintso said:

first and foremost i've seen buddy fishing at a bunch of spots in RI and i can say for sure dude is a stand up angler that enjoys fishing and definitely helps contribute with others (even strangers) get on fish, not once have i ever seen him poach or take advantage of our fishery... also know the exact spot he's been slaying at (sadly he's been out fishing me lol ) but seriously i've seen him and his buddies releasing plenty of basses these pass few days especially the bigger ones

Are they releasing those big bass because they are stand up anglers or because it’s the law?

Does anyone know or follow any regulations anymore?

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, LockedDrag said:

Only poaching if ya get caught. All you haters can kick rocks too. Not my fault the lot of you on here are too lazy to put in the work. 

No bud, poaching is poaching regardless of the consequences. Not throwing accusations or shade here.

Edited by sikcrodbends

35 mins ago, z-man said:

Are they releasing those big bass because they are stand up anglers or because it’s the law?

Does anyone know or follow any regulations anymore?

dont know him personally so im only speaking for the many times we’ve crossed paths... but your accusing him of poaching correct?.. poachers do not fear consequences and would take every single bass they can (especially the bigger ones) instead of releasing them? so as stated ive seen him follow regulations which is keeping his 1 fish(if he wants) which he’s entitled to and releasing any other fish afterwards.. 

22 mins ago, Sayaintso said:

dont know him personally so im only speaking for the many times we’ve crossed paths... but your accusing him of poaching correct?.. poachers do not fear consequences and would take every single bass they can (especially the bigger ones) instead of releasing them? so as stated ive seen him follow regulations which is keeping his 1 fish(if he wants) which he’s entitled to and releasing any other fish afterwards.. 

He calls himself a poacher and has admitted to many questionable/illegal things over the years here. Live lining tog, shooting a deer, cutting off the select meat and leaving the body in the woods, etc. Then comes here and flaunts it like it’s just a joke. 

4 hours ago, LockedDrag said:

Karma has been great to me this year so far. 5-10 keepers a night all week. Karma was great for me last year. Seems karma’s come to claim you all for your high levels of salt lol but hey that’s the price we pay for slaying and trying to help others get on fish. We get haters like the lot of you on here who rather bash others and spread lies rather than be a contributing member on here 

Not to pile on but....Weren't you on here talking about how you almost drown last summer?  Doesnt sound like great Karma....

Edited by Marone Pursuit

Maybe this will flip the script and get our minds off poaching?

This buck was quietly eating in neighbors yards at 11:30am in Wareham, MA.

Not a worry in the world. I pulled up 25 feet away, rolled down the window, took some photos.

You can see my rear view mirror in the bottom photo.

No worries, stayed there wasn't even concerned.  Must be nice to live in a secure location.

20220519_104441 (2).jpg

20220519_104441 (1).jpg

Edited by Capt.Castafly

Y’all can kick rocks.  I’ll do whatever the hell I please. Don’t hate the player. Hate the game. Get good and get bent lmfao

32lbs, 28lbs, 6 slots. 3 shorts on top of my buddies’ 2 20lb class fish, 9 slots, 11 shorts

4DA1D139-F21A-45C3-BCFC-44570C6B6FE1.jpeg

12 hours ago, LockedDrag said:

Y’all can kick rocks.  I’ll do whatever the hell I please. Don’t hate the player. Hate the game. Get good and get bent lmfao

32lbs, 28lbs, 6 slots. 3 shorts on top of my buddies’ 2 20lb class fish, 9 slots, 11 shorts

4DA1D139-F21A-45C3-BCFC-44570C6B6FE1.jpeg

Poachers gonna poach