Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. May 14 - May 21

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, LockedDrag said:

Smashed last night again. 6 slots myself. Buddies landed 2 fish 30lbs+ and a 22lber

:burgundy:

1 hour ago, LockedDrag said:

Believe it! Lol member on here can vouch for it. The fishing has been insane

56FDA47F-C3DF-47EE-A0CC-47F8E605D32D.jpeg

WTF is going on with all the dead fish stuffed in the guardrail?

Finally got a break from baseball, and with low motivation hit a spot local to me in mid/upper bay.  Place was paved with bait both schools of small bait and pogies (flipping way to happily).  Thought it was going to get good but never materialized even with all that bait.  Been trying to figure this new spot out, tide and conditions wise but have not got it down yet.  Bait was clearly not an issue.

1 hour ago, Kooky said:

Finally got a break from baseball, and with low motivation hit a spot local to me in mid/upper bay.  Place was paved with bait both schools of small bait and pogies (flipping way to happily).  Thought it was going to get good but never materialized even with all that bait.  Been trying to figure this new spot out, tide and conditions wise but have not got it down yet.  Bait was clearly not an issue.

It’s been a super weird year so far in the upper bay. I’ve seen very few pogies and the lack of bass, let alone the lack of size has been nil. At least from shore I guess. I’m sure the boat and kayak guys do well but that doesn’t count

1 hour ago, FlukeOff said:

Poachers gonna poach 

Only poaching if ya get caught. All you haters can kick rocks too. Not my fault the lot of you on here are too lazy to put in the work. 

18 mins ago, LockedDrag said:

Only poaching if ya get caught. All you haters can kick rocks too. Not my fault the lot of you on here are too lazy to put in the work. 

Karma is going to catch up with you someday. Either you’ll get arrested or you will fall in and drown. 

43 mins ago, LockedDrag said:

It’s been a super weird year so far in the upper bay. I’ve seen very few pogies and the lack of bass, let alone the lack of size has been nil. At least from shore I guess. I’m sure the boat and kayak guys do well but that doesn’t count

I have been seeing pogies but nothing on them, last night was clouds and clouds of small bait with nothing on them. Generally in the spring it is find the bait and you find the fish.... not this year

9 mins ago, Kooky said:

I have been seeing pogies but nothing on them, last night was clouds and clouds of small bait with nothing on them. Generally in the spring it is find the bait and you find the fish.... not this year

My usual spots close to home in the bay are usually guaranteed action for dinks if anything which is great but man it’s been an absolute ghost town this year. It’s been so ugly I just gave up on them. 

53 mins ago, LockedDrag said:

WHAT???? You have lots to learn, little man.

31 mins ago, z-man said:

Karma is going to catch up with you someday. Either you’ll get arrested or you will fall in and drown. 

Karma has been great to me this year so far. 5-10 keepers a night all week. Karma was great for me last year. Seems karma’s come to claim you all for your high levels of salt lol but hey that’s the price we pay for slaying and trying to help others get on fish. We get haters like the lot of you on here who rather bash others and spread lies rather than be a contributing member on here 

4 mins ago, DanCbass said:

WHAT???? You have lots to learn, little man.

Nothing to learn. I ain’t no poacher but if people wanna start spreading lies, then why not be a poacher? Give them something to complain about to keep them entertained and find on the shoreline all year