fishing addict

Largemouth schooling up

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

My parents have a place in Raymond and every year the bass school up and cruise around the shallows pre-spawn. This was a big school with several of the larger fish looking to be over 2’.

09BFB2AB-0A37-420C-95E3-636673226AB0.jpeg

3 hours ago, fishing addict said:

My parents have a place in Raymond and every year the bass school up and cruise around the shallows pre-spawn. This was a big school with several of the larger fish looking to be over 2’.

09BFB2AB-0A37-420C-95E3-636673226AB0.jpeg

Cool shot, thanks for sharing..

They're all over the shallows in Norway too. Not overly into flies, they follow but have other things on their mind. I'll leave them alone and go home to tie up some leeches

2 hours ago, Maine Guide said:

I miss those days on Chrystal clear lakes in Maine. 

Water clarity was the best I've seen in a really long time. A bit concerned over water levels, however, which in my neck of the woods were surprisingly low. Might wait before I put that new prop on lol...

Posted (edited) · Report post

18 hours ago, stormy monday said:

Water clarity was the best I've seen in a really long time. A bit concerned over water levels, however, which in my neck of the woods were surprisingly low. Might wait before I put that new prop on lol...

Better be aluminum!!  Growing up in a land of sand, I was gung ho for a stainless prop, but upon moving to Maine my engine mechanic read me the riot act, "It's not IF you will hit a ledge, it's WHEN you do, so you'll want that prop to take the brunt of it instead of your drive train!!"

I asked another mechanic who was doing some work on my boat in the water if he could do a prop swap and he immediately said, "ONLY if it's an aluminum prop!"  When I told him that I had already been lectured on that he said, "You can't believe how many folks don't listen to it..."

Edited by Roccus7