Evil-Bay

How to work a lil doc Jr....

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Highly recommend a bail-less reel unless you have acouple spare plugs in your bag. For maximum casting distance you really want a good long swing otherwise your gonna get some good helicopter action. Don't have to do super long pauses but it helps to give a longer pause then normal every once in a while. Twitch.....twitch....twitch................ smash!!!

19 mins ago, shanation said:

. Don't have to do super long pauses but it helps to give a longer pause then normal every once in a while. Twitch.....twitch....twitch................ smash!!!

For me, there is probably nothing better than watching your spook come splashing towards you, half second pause, then the water behind it just explodes with a big bass. Even when they miss and don’t hook them, that action is so much fun 

Like pulling a $20 on a string away from a little kid. Pull, pause until he almost has it, pull.

Reel just enough to take a little slack out but not all of it. The slack is what lets the plug dart side to side. 

Sometimes, just for giggles, I dead stick it like a glider on or two casts. Then come back with the same slow zig zag action. 

But like others said, can’t hurt to try a faster method if you’re not getting hit before switching it out. 

And the Jr label is almost mislabeled considering it’s still large & heavy compared with most any plastic swimmer. 

Throw it in the trash and buy a 9" Doc. Half joking and half serious, the larger size outproduces the smaller all day long. Good luck, its produced a healthy amount of fish over 15lbs in the past week for me.