Flowing11

Cts air blanks

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I’m looking at using the cts air blanks for an inshore rod, I’m curious what everybody’s thoughts are on the blanks and i am wondering if the lure ratings are accurate, would the 3/8-1oz 7’ model or the 3/16-1/2 oz model be better for throwing 1/4-5/8 oz lures for reds and trout, and mabye flounder 

I thought about building one of these a few months back but couldn't find much info on them. I recall reading somewhere that they were better suited for the lower to mid range of their rating. I ended up going with a century weapon jr and am very happy with it's performance.

On 5/24/2022 at 9:38 AM, Dustyn said:

imo cts is really off with the ratings, bump up a weight from what you want to throw.

Interesting - this shows how subjective those rating are.

Stephen Pratt (owner CTS) says that blnks are underrated - to ope for lower rating.

Herb

Well I broke the first one throwing a plug that weighed inside the specs. The told me the blank failed because I was a "heavy caster" and I built the rod with tourzite so the guides didn't add that much weight

With that being said the shipped me the next size up blank for a shipping fee. I asked them what blank I should use for that plug and they said to use one where the lower raiting is a full oz above the weight of the plug

38 mins ago, Dustyn said:

they said to use one where the lower raiting is a full oz above the weight of the plug

So 2-4oz is really a 1-3oz

3 hours ago, ZAFisher said:

So 2-4oz is really a 1-3oz

For Vapor Trails: 1-3 is .75-2.25; 2-4 is 1-3; 3-6 is 1-4 but 4 is pushing it; 4-8 is 2-5 or so.