harley48

Well this is a new one…..

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Driving down to Norfolk VA for work and I’m on 113 in Maryland. About a mile from the turn onto 13 in Pocomoke City I see something across the right hand lane into the left. I swerve to the right to avoid it but the driver side wheel catches whatever it is (looked like bent rebar or a pipe.) There was a huge bang and I come to the intersection of 13 and smell gas bad. I pull over immediately in a parking lot and hop out, gas is gushing out my tank (probably around 20 gallons, I just filled up in Delaware.) I Chinese fire drilled it to get all my stuff out thinking my truck was about to become an M4 Sherman. 

A2F302F2-823D-4BCA-930C-64019A7B5EA8.jpeg

I really hope the supply chain issues do not delay your repairs.

One spark, and this would have been a different situation.

That could have been a bad one.  Good thing you stopped.  And didn't chuck yer cigarette butt out the window.  If you're still going south should hit Machipongo clam shack fer a sammich. 

4 mins ago, ByronPA said:

That could of got real ugly.. So, you're going to need a new gas tank?

Yeah it’s at the dealership now, waiting on the insurance adjuster

2 mins ago, woowoo2 said:

I really hope the supply chain issues do not delay your repairs.

One spark, and this would have been a different situation.

I’m down here for 2 weeks for work, I hope it doesn’t take that long or longer

3 mins ago, Stryper Snyper said:

That could have been a bad one.  Good thing you stopped.  And didn't chuck yer cigarette butt out the window.  If you're still going south should hit Machipongo clam shack fer a sammich. 

Ha I quit smoking thank god

Posted (edited) · Report post

Glad you are OK

That was a close one.

And I thought I had it bad when I hit a pipe on the middle of the road around midnight on the Wantagh Pkwy with a wife and a kid in the car.

Lost all coolant and had to replace radiator. Waited for 2 hrs for tow truck to show up.

Edited by Popasilov

Brings back bad memory.

I was heading out to go fishing in the evening and down one of our coastal roads when a box truck in front of me drops something from undercarriage. I had cars in both lanes next to me so couldn’t swerve and rode over it.

Bang , I hear dragging and see liquid behind me. Half broken huge metal drum from truck brake went right into my gas tank like a can opener. I pulled over and started getting all my fishing stuff out before it caught fire. Luckily it didn’t and the Fire House was only one traffic light away so they got there fast.

I know exactly what you went through. Not fun.

I had just filled the gas tank too and the Fire Chief said lucky I did as all that liquid pouring out was better than gas fumes and a dribble of gas for danger of lightning on fire from a spark.

1 min ago, chumbucket said:

Brings back bad memory.

I was heading out to go fishing in the evening and down one of our coastal roads when a box truck in front of me drops something from undercarriage. I had cars in both lanes next to me so couldn’t swerve and rode over it.

Bang , I hear dragging and see liquid behind me. Half broken huge metal drum from truck brake went right into my gas tank like a can opener. I pulled over and started getting all my fishing stuff out before it caught fire. Luckily it didn’t and the Fire House was only one traffic light away so they got there fast.

I know exactly what you went through. Not fun.

It was a full on chit show throwing **** out of the truck as the puddle grew lol I didn’t have any of my surf casting stuff in there just my Orvis rod, reel and pack for trout fishing. The day before it was packed