brianf27

Tautog Launch Spot Buzzards Bay

15 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm taking my Old Town PDL on my 1st tog trip tomorrow.  I'm in Plymouth, Ma.  I'm looking to launch around Bourne probably.  Any info would be appreciated.

Also,  I have an Anchor Wizard launched from the stern. I have a pretty small trolling weight as an anchor which was fine for ponds and such.  What size anchor would you guys recommend for this type of structure fishing?

The area will get busier with the opening of sea bass. Groups gathering early in the morning, with many people not knowing how to be quiet. This threatens many of our smaller access points as waterfront residents won’t have it.

Not that I’m trying to block you from enjoying the ocean but folks blabbing online about spots, even access spots, have contributed to lost access. 

Research, explore, wear a life vest

20 hours ago, brianf27 said:

Hi,

I'm taking my Old Town PDL on my 1st tog trip tomorrow.  I'm in Plymouth, Ma.  I'm looking to launch around Bourne probably.  Any info would be appreciated.

Get to 15 posts and maybe someone will PM you - asking for and posting location info on the public forum is a dumb move.

As Joe would say: C'mon man............google spot burn and read about it.

On 5/13/2022 at 10:15 AM, brianf27 said:

Hi,

just wondering if you got out and caught some tog

When do we just give away our amazing information

away on the internet just because some unknown

dildo ask's for it without earning it?   

It used to be "we" in the "know" used to make others "earn it" 

before we gave up our "earned secrets".  

Hey. Launched off of Sagamore.  My FF battery was dead so I made my way towards a decent crowd of kayakers. I got some quite 6 seabass, a scup and one Tautog around 4-5lbs.  Very nice conditions even with a somewhat stiff Southwest breeze. 

Wait till next week the guys will be there thick when sea bass opens and no parking spots. It will look like a Black Friday sale

at Wall Mart, thanks to the internet!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Some kid in a yak made the opening of sea bass sound like the scene from Jaws when Mrs. Kitner put a $3000 bounty ad in Field & Stream.  Cars from Connecticut, Rhode Island.....

Edited by brianf27

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 hours ago, brianf27 said:

Hey. Launched off of Sagamore.  My FF battery was dead so I made my way towards a decent crowd of kayakers. I got some quite 6 seabass, a scup and one Tautog around 4-5lbs.  Very nice conditions even with a somewhat stiff Southwest breeze. 

Black Sea bass off Sagamore in CC Bay.  I call BS on that.  Pics or it didn't happen.

Edited by FizzyFish

On 5/16/2022 at 0:53 PM, brianf27 said:

Some kid in a yak made the opening of sea bass sound like the scene from Jaws when Mrs. Kitner put a $3000 bounty ad in Field & Stream.  Cars from Connecticut, Rhode Island.....

Yep, someone who thought he was "the cruise director" put a message out to God and Country inviting one and all to a certain spot.  Like you said, cars from NY, CT, RI all showed up.  Blew the spot up for good.    Previous to that boneheaded move, there were get togethers, but they were under control.  Not anymore.....

If I had to guess, no brainer would be east side and West side Cape Cod Canal.  All them tog in Canal have to pass either side don’t ya think?  Where’s they is rocks they is lead eaters, so make sure you got enough. And just remembah, there’s a 3 tog limit per fisherman. The laws the law, based on science I believe.