TJ2021

Public Beach Access in Huntington

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Are there any public beaches in the Northport/ Huntington area that I wouldn't be ticketed for parking at night? I'm a Smithtown resident and really only have access to short beach and long beach as far as town beaches go. I want to give the harbors in the Huntington Bay area a try but every beach I come across is private or has security at night that prevents access. Not looking for specific spots just wondering if there are any general areas with public access day and night.

21 hours ago, TJ2021 said:

I'm a Smithtown resident

What is wrong with Smithown?

There are few places in Smithtown that I would love to be on the first 3hrs on outgoing tide.

13 mins ago, Popasilov said:

What is wrong with Smithown?

There are few places in Smithtown that I would love to be on the first 3hrs on outgoing tide.

I believe I know at least a couple places you are thinking of. The problem is parking. These places have no access after sunset which is when I would rather hit them.

You do not need a permit for Town of Huntington beaches in the day time until Memorial Day Weekend. After that permit needed.

Even as a Huntington resident I get kicked out of everywhere I go. There are some spots in Huntington and surrounding areas that I have found you can park on a main road and walk a bit.