pakalolo

Suicide

Rate this topic

103 posts in this topic

Man I'm really sorry to hear that.

Last month we lost three coworkers to suicide, all within a week of eachother. Absolutely devastating to friends and family.

It's a huge problem, not talked about enough.

Sorry buddy, went thru this twice with my 2 closest friends, 1 year apart.  It’s tough , one of them was my best man , we were best friends since 7 years old, well over40 years.  Sucks, I check in on his wife and kids but it still just sucks.  Statically speaking his children are now at a 50% risk of the same.  Good luck. 

There is such a negative stigma around suicide that it makes it almost invisible to society unless you’re family or close friends. Very sad cause if it was more open I’m thinking some folks could be helped. Was that way for just depression for a long time but I think that at least has been changing the last several years to the better.

Lost one of my close friends 2 years ago. Shot himself. Had no idea he was in such pain. Absolutely crushed me, as i had just seen him the day before, and we waved and smiled as we passed each other. I think about him every day.

8 mins ago, Mack26 said:

Lost one of my close friends 2 years ago. Shot himself. Had no idea he was in such pain. Absolutely crushed me, as i had just seen him the day before, and we waved and smiled as we passed each other. I think about him every day.

Yep

The economy, world is unstable, environment, people blow, not a surprise lots do it. I’m a patient person I can wait.

Very sad. The stigma needs to go away.  Think/hope people would be better off if they could talk about it.  Still sucks, though.

6 hours ago, Sandbar1 said:

Man I'm really sorry to hear that.

Last month we lost three coworkers to suicide, all within a week of eachother. Absolutely devastating to friends and family.

It's a huge problem, not talked about enough.

Not being funny SB but did the 3 hang out together

Not sure how often this happens, but reportedly certain prescription meds can cause someone to become suicidal...I believe that was what happened with Robin Williams

I'm very sorry to hear this pakalolo. 

I don't think the stigma is the suicide itself, but rather the underlying mental issues. There's a serious problem in this country with so many people not getting the treatment they need. 

3 mins ago, richie c said:

Not being funny SB but did the 3 hang out together

Not to the best of my knowledge. Different social circles, but word spreads fast. I wouldn't be surprised if the first was in some way a catalyst.

15 mins ago, slicedcornbread said:

I'm very sorry to hear this pakalolo. 

I don't think the stigma is the suicide itself, but rather the underlying mental issues. There's a serious problem in this country with so many people not getting the treatment they need. 

Not just not getting the treatment. Celebrating it. The trannies who are right up there in suicides.