flyangler

So my Mom has the 'rona even being double vaxxed, etc.

Rate this topic

143 posts in this topic

Sister calls this morning to let me know that our 87yo mom tested positive with two home tests this morning. Lives alone in house I grew up in and has been limiting her going out but not living the life of a hermit over past year. Double-vaxxed, maybe boosted, but went to a church social event on Thursday without wearing a mask. Started feeling "allergy symptoms" Saturday night and slightly feverish when she went to bed last night. Two tests to confirm she's infected but no sign of fever now. 

She says she feels good and argued with me when I told her I was flying up to stay for a couple of days. So here I am on JetBlue bus up to White Plains watching the worst of the Terminator movies. Best line "Also, this is Texas." 

No prayers needed at this point, hopefully she will be mildly symptomatic only. She does have a weakened heart so my sister is a bit freaked out at the moment. Cardiologist has prescribed Paxlovid, Pfizer's pill, which I am not thrilled about. Yes, high risk due to age and heart, but no long-term clinicals, etc. She is taking Lipitor and will have stop taking that for five days. 

My sister has lost a couple of people close to she and husband from Covid and she is quite sensitive about the topic of treatments. One of my BiL's long-time friends, morbidly obese, drinker and high sugar, was unvaxxed, not a believer in doctors and by the time he agreed to call an ambulance, it was too late. My sister feels guilty about Pete thinking she and BiL should have pushed the guy harder than they did. 

Anyway, don't need prayers, but if you could direct some positive energy toward Yonkers I would appreciate it. 

T

Enjoy your time with your mother, they leave us all too soon.

I live with my son and his family, his wife has been sick for a week. Her first 2 covid tests came back negative, the third came back yesterday, it's positive. All tests were taken at the doctors office. I'm high risk, got both shots, no booster. I'm feeling fine, the waiting game has begun.

5 mins ago, slicedcornbread said:

Best wishes for mother Spaz. We'll keep the positive vibes going Tom.

"Mother Spaz" - second funniest iteration after Hop's (?) Spazopolous 

Luckily what's going around right now seems to be very mild.  Good thoughts that is the case for mom

Posted (edited) · Report post

best of luck, but im guessing she yelled at your sister for telling you which led to a visit .. your long winded replies here are mind numbing i cant imagine an in person story .. that poor women :(

Edited by Bernie12

58 mins ago, makomakoman said:

enjoy your time with Mom... 

Hope it stays a social visit, thanks

46 mins ago, Popasilov said:

All the best to your mom, Tom.

appreciated Pop

36 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Enjoy your time with your mother, they leave us all too soon.

I live with my son and his family, his wife has been sick for a week. Her first 2 covid tests came back negative, the third came back yesterday, it's positive. All tests were taken at the doctors office. I'm high risk, got both shots, no booster. I'm feeling fine, the waiting game has begun.

Take Vit D and Zinc now if you aren't. 

33 mins ago, aneary said:

Prayers for your mom Flyangler. 

Thanks!

30 mins ago, MikeMc said:

Good thought for her, Fly. 

Appreciated greek

29 mins ago, ted527 said:

Best wishes for her speedy recovery 

thanks

25 mins ago, slicedcornbread said:

Best wishes for mother Spaz. We'll keep the positive vibes going Tom.

see, you can be nice to me. appreciated 

18 mins ago, Tom T said:

Luckily what's going around right now seems to be very mild.  Good thoughts that is the case for mom

Yeah, better this than Delta. And the Paxlovid is supposed to have some efficacy vs omicron

11 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Good thoughts sent along 

thanks RR

8 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

It seems like these tests almost always come back positive.  :shrug:  

Jon, possibly, but she does "sound sick" when I spoke to her which is why I am on final to HPN right now. 

8 mins ago, squidder 329 said:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

thanks squidder