Stryper Snyper

What's the worst eating fish?

Rate this topic

147 posts in this topic

King Salmon. But this is just me. I actually used to love smoked wild caught king salmon, then I got covid. To be fair, my taste is normal again and I haven’t tried salmon in a long time, but it really didn’t taste right after covid. I’ll have to get some and try it again to see if it tastes good again. Still love fishing for them. 

1 hour ago, Drew C. said:

Sea carp - aka striped bass. 

Far from the best, but when handled properly it's good. Good for grilling, you can put right on the grill and it dosent crumble apart. 

4 mins ago, ProSkateFisherman said:

King Salmon. But this is just me. I actually used to love smoked wild caught king salmon, then I got covid. To be fair, my taste is normal again and I haven’t tried salmon in a long time, but it really didn’t taste right after covid. I’ll have to get some and try it again to see if it tastes good again. Still love fishing for them. 

Love smoked salmon and as sushi but otherwise not a fan.

1 hour ago, valentine said:

Bunker.

Yup, I’ve actually known people who eat them.

Yuck!

I actually tried eating once out of sheer curiosity after learning that it was eaten on a regular basis for much of early American History.

It was very fishy and oily, I'm not going to be taking more home anytime soon, but certainly edible.

For me, worst eating fish is certainly the Gator Blue - very little redeeming value

5 mins ago, peanutbunkerandjelly said:

Far from the best, but when handled properly it's good. Good for grilling, you can put right on the grill and it dosent crumble apart. 

And you get you daily allowance of pcbs and mercury!

8 mins ago, Drew C. said:

And you get you daily allowance of pcbs and mercury!

Please, theres plenty of trash in meat you buy from the store. I'd not worry about a smaller striper. I did forget I'm on the friggen striper green piece sacred fish website.... 

47 mins ago, ProSkateFisherman said:

Yep. Smoked, it was ok, but king salmon was awful any other way I tried it. 

2 hours ago, Stryper Snyper said:

I can't stand LMB from a weed choked lake in summer.  Might as well scrape the bottom of the mower and eat it.  

Not as bad as king salmon!