JimK

North of the Driscoll Bridge..

Rate this topic

146 posts in this topic

Over 28 years ago I moved south of the Driscoll bridge and haven't looked back.. today I had a few jobs in the  Parsippany area, no too far from where I grew up... Still not looking back.. I don't know how youse guys deal with driving from up there to fish.. and the traffic . Uggh. 

15 mins ago, JimK said:

Over 28 years ago I moved south of the Driscoll bridge and haven't looked back.. today I had a few jobs in the  Parsippany area, no too far from where I grew up... Still not looking back.. I don't know how youse guys deal with driving from up there to fish.. and the traffic . Uggh. 

I hit a couple of very late season river spots in  Bergen Cnty with a fellow SOL member back in Dec.  God I hated everything about driving up there.  The fishing was good so I dealt with it but to live there?  Yea F that. 

11 mins ago, IsmailG said:

Agreed, lived in Bergen County for 35 years, moved south 4 years ago, best decision I've made. 

Don't go full piney on me, traitor! 

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 mins ago, Lucky said:

Don't go full piney on me, traitor! 

I still have to work there and visit my parents, so I'm not totally untethered yet lol. Plus where you live is hardly the same as Lodi and Garfield

Edited by IsmailG

1 min ago, IsmailG said:

I still have to work there and visit my parents, so I'm not totally untethered yet lol

you might fend off the weirdness 

when BBM moved from Lyndhurst to Leonardo a few years ago I thought he was nuts, the lack of good food and normal people kills the fishing aspect for me 

My sister lives in Bergen county. 1hr 30min assuming everything goes without a hitch. That never happens though, theres always an accident, construction, or just a plain old high volume mess. Ends up being over 2hrs each way, half a tank of gas, $20+ in tolls, screaming/crying/vomiting in the backseat. I dont miss going there.

Edited by adams54

I have offices in Iselin, Fairfield and Hasbrouck Heights.  Iselin isn't two bad, the other two however...ugh.  Due to covid I haven't had to go to either in over 2 years.  North of the Driscol is another world. 

Agreed, Bergen/Hudson County for 50 years. Monmouth Cty 4 yrs. No contest. I work in Hudson and Bergen counties but don't mind the commute as long as I end my day South of Driscoll, I'm fine. Need to be close to old pajamas when I'm in my pajamas just in case I can't sleep...haha

Lived near where Lucky lives for 35 years and loved it.  But yea, the drive down to fish RB and points south sucked.  Moved to central/south Jersey two years ago, and am enjoying the quicker and easier drives to my bay/river/ocean spots now. 

Edited by GeoffT

Monmouth cty is changing ,more crowded, but easier living as compared to Bergen county … the restaurants in Monmouth county still suck … ok ok there’s some good ones but not many … their brewery’s and distillery’s are very nice …$10 bucks to get on the beech keeps some of the trash out … lol lol lol 

North of the Raritan, east of 287 - Bennyland

Horrible place !

Benny Go Home.jpg

Funny, literally in the process of selling/buying to live anywhere south of the Driscoll bridge. I breathe a sigh of relief when I’m in traffic north of the bridge and I cross over.

51 mins ago, Sudsy said:

North of the Raritan, east of 287 - Bennyland

Horrible place !

Benny Go Home.jpg

Funny but it’s a completely different story when you Benny haters need a good hospital. ;-)