HarryHood711

Drying Wader Boots

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

What do you guys do to dry the insides of your boots after an outing? If it’s gonna be sunny the next morning I’ll set them outside which helps but in a case like the last few days here with cold and rain they are damp and a little smelly. I was thinking of maybe making a pvc rack and using the fan from my daughters bounce house with a duct of some sort but I don’t wanna burn the fan out lol. Thanks guys, appreciate it. 

Kooder boot dryer from Amazon. Best 30 bucks I've ever spent. Just plug it in and dry your boots in a couple of hours 

Never dried a boot in my life. Cant even imagine why. If i get them out of my truck I’m happy. I average 3-5 years per pair, then grip studs for a couple years more. I do rinse them upon return once and awhile.

8 mins ago, Rizz1877 said:

Kooder boot dryer from Amazon. Best 30 bucks I've ever spent. Just plug it in and dry your boots in a couple of hours 

Awesome thank you! Didn’t think to check Amazon for something. Is this the one?

05F07F3D-258D-4BD0-BA69-07DF11C497D7.png

2 mins ago, phishallways said:

Never dried a boot in my life. Cant even imagine why. If i get them out of my truck I’m happy. I average 3-5 years per pair, then grip studs for a couple years more. I do rinse them upon return once and awhile.

Whatever you do, take care of your boots 

3 mins ago, HarryHood711 said:

Whatever you do, take care of your boots 

Reels are what i try to take care of. Moving parts. Still abuse them.

I been doing this a long time. Many 200 + days a year fishing. Quality gear and time go hand in hand. Buy quality gear. Or take care the of junk like it’ll slip from your fingers..because it will. Ive used good Simms gear for 10 + years multiple times on diff items.

9 mins ago, HarryHood711 said:

Awesome thank you! Didn’t think to check Amazon for something. Is this the one?

05F07F3D-258D-4BD0-BA69-07DF11C497D7.png

Yep that's it. Won't dry your boots out. I've been using it for over a year so far. I set it for 5 hours and always dry. You can set it for less if you like. 

3 hours ago, phishallways said:

Are wader boots that different from wet wading shoes ? Every wet wading shoe I have owned smells horribly if its not quickly dried and/or washed. 

12 mins ago, JerseyJeb said:

Are wader boots that different from wet wading shoes ? Every wet wading shoe I have owned smells horribly if its not quickly dried and/or washed. 

Hmm, i use flats boots and wet wader sandals and don't wash those either. am i pigpen? But its useful life that matters to me anyway.

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, phishallways said:

You are using boot foot waders here? On the north shore?

Stocking foot, I have Korkers Devils Canyon boots.

Edited by HarryHood711

11 hours ago, Rizz1877 said:

Yep that's it. Won't dry your boots out. I've been using it for over a year so far. I set it for 5 hours and always dry. You can set it for less if you like. 

Dumb question but it auto shuts off after the selected time right?

Newspaper, came before electricity and Amazon.  Ball it up, stuff it in where it's wet.  Change until it comes out dry.  Recycle the paper.

Peetdryer has a 4 boot dryer that’s heated works excellent. You can extend to use on your waders aswell. It’s a excellent buy if you have a family the kids snow boots can be dried making it useful year round.