RAW

They’re here, north and south of me

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

Fly rodders, spinning and clunkers have smiles. I got skunked, but cigars were good. Let the fun begin. Not like snookin, but a welcome change:rav:

92830558-DD7A-4D33-84CD-C3AD4ACC64FC.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 mins ago, RAW said:

Fly rodders, spinning and clunkers have smiles. I got skunked, but cigars were good. Let the fun begin. Not like snookin, but a welcome change:rav:

92830558-DD7A-4D33-84CD-C3AD4ACC64FC.jpeg

Good to hear Bob, hope all is well. I will have to meet you this year. I am wondering if they are getting them in my spots as well, probably are..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 7 Rivers said:

Good to hear Bob, hope all is well. I will have to meet you this year. I am wondering if they are getting them in my spots as well, probably are..

Pretty much all over, inside and outflow mouths , not sure about surf. Water temp 45 and they seem to stay inside first, Seagulls and ducks are working some type bait inside harbor:rav:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, Skunkoff said:

I must be the only idiot out here right now.  Freezing my ass off and nothing else.

That’s called paying your dues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 mins ago, RAW said:

That’s called paying your dues

I fully agree.  I don't work til Friday so I suspect I'll be paying a lot of dues.

 

Maybe there's a sea-run around here somewhere. 

Edited by Skunkoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 2.  No bites.  Going to give tomorrow a break and try again Thursday.  Hoping the warming weather will push them into my spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a fun little topwater bite yesterday for about an hour. Felt good to dust the cobwebs off the surf gear. Fish were all 17"-19" range, below portland.  Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, skinnywater said:

We had a fun little topwater bite yesterday for about an hour. Felt good to dust the cobwebs off the surf gear. Fish were all 17"-19" range, below portland.  Cheers 

Good to know.  For some reason, I always start my season off at the sod banks.

 

I was out really early yesterday.  Man was it cold!

Edited by Skunkoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to my 2nd season chasing the beasties around Harpswell area...

I just do shoreline casting, where I can, as I'm not a boat owner..

Here's to 2022!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 mins ago, punkroktownie said:

First fish of the season today was a respectful 27 3/4. I hope this isn't like the first-cast-fish curse.

Nice man...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.