codfish

What every good fishing trip starts with

Rate this topic

96 posts in this topic

36 mins ago, hotfishgirl said:

could not agree more! DD is not coffee...its water. Grind some Columbian beans and try a French press, now that is coffee.

That's fine at home Jessica.:)  At home we grind our own beans (Peet's) and either brew it in a stovetop espresso maker, or a French press.  It's good stuff.

 

But when you're on the road all day, your options are limited.  In most cases it's either DD or Cumbies, or not at all.  I spend way too much $$$ on drive thru coffee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, bob_G said:

 At home we grind our own beans (Peet's) and  brew it in a  French press.  .

 

54 mins ago, hotfishgirl said:

...Grind some Columbian beans and try a French press, ....

 

Ah yes, I've heard of the many "merits" of using a French press vs others methods of brewing coffee.  :dismay:

 

Just give me my Melitta paper filter, 2 heaping tablespoons of pre-ground Peet's coffee, hot water and be done with it.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 mins ago, Joe G said:

 

 

Ah yes, I've heard of the many "merits" of using a French press vs others methods of brewing coffee.  :dismay:

 

Just give me my Melitta paper filter, 2 heaping tablespoons of pre-ground Peet's coffee, hot water and be done with it.  

 

 

A French press really produced a superior cup of coffee.  But my only rap against it is, it's never piping hot.  

 

Melitta is a good method. But one of our dogs broke out Melitta pot, and we never replaced it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

24 mins ago, bob_G said:

A French press really produced a superior cup of coffee.  But my only rap against it is, it's never piping hot.  

I have a Themos Brand French press. Game changer. :)

 

20220509_093158.jpg.e673ec833200c5204bc46cb59e777a5b.jpg

 

Edited by zak-striper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2022 at 6:52 AM, gray gables said:

I don’t drink coffee, never have. 

I've Never tried a cup of coffee that didn't taste like crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, unskunk said:

Keurig, my man,     Keurig......

My kid asked if I'd use it if he got me one . I told him don't bother I'm so used to instant now I wouldn't use it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good coffee now means a prompt need to sit down and relieve myself. On the way home, or not at all. I do like a thermos of hot tea, which doesn't have the same effect.

 

My legs aren't good, so most of my fishing now on will be on a party boat. If the trip was a decent one of 12+ hours, I'd like a little hip flask of bourbon or rum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, MSK1962 said:

Capresso® Infinity Silver Conical Burr Coffee Grinder. View a larger version of this product image.+ Starbucks Whole Bean Coffee Dark Roast Single-Origin Sumatra

 

 

 

 

+MOKA-OCEANA_01_3_1_1024x1024@2x.png?v=1618600222

 

 

= excellent cup of coffee

 

 

 

 

:heart: those stovetop espresso makers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bob_G said:

That's fine at home Jessica.:)  At home we grind our own beans (Peet's) and either brew it in a stovetop espresso maker, or a French press.  It's good stuff.

 

But when you're on the road all day, your options are limited.  In most cases it's either DD or Cumbies, or not at all.  I spend way too much $$$ on drive thru coffee.

They make this thing called a thermos.Saves a ton of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 mins ago, hotfishgirl said:

They make this thing called a thermos.Saves a ton of money.

I know, I know, I should use them. :laugh: I have one large Stanley stainless that's over 40 years old, and two pint size stainless Nissans that I used to carry deer hunting, plus three other generic stainless thermoses.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.