codfish

What every good fishing trip starts with

Rate this topic

96 posts in this topic

36 mins ago, hotfishgirl said:

could not agree more! DD is not coffee...its water. Grind some Columbian beans and try a French press, now that is coffee.

That's fine at home Jessica.:)  At home we grind our own beans (Peet's) and either brew it in a stovetop espresso maker, or a French press.  It's good stuff.

But when you're on the road all day, your options are limited.  In most cases it's either DD or Cumbies, or not at all.  I spend way too much $$$ on drive thru coffee.

11 mins ago, bob_G said:

At home we grind our own beans (Peet's) and  brew it in a  French press.  .

54 mins ago, hotfishgirl said:

...Grind some Columbian beans and try a French press, ....

Ah yes, I've heard of the many "merits" of using a French press vs others methods of brewing coffee.  :dismay:

Just give me my Melitta paper filter, 2 heaping tablespoons of pre-ground Peet's coffee, hot water and be done with it.  

33 mins ago, Joe G said:

Ah yes, I've heard of the many "merits" of using a French press vs others methods of brewing coffee.  :dismay:

Just give me my Melitta paper filter, 2 heaping tablespoons of pre-ground Peet's coffee, hot water and be done with it.  

A French press really produced a superior cup of coffee.  But my only rap against it is, it's never piping hot.  

Melitta is a good method. But one of our dogs broke out Melitta pot, and we never replaced it.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

24 mins ago, bob_G said:

A French press really produced a superior cup of coffee.  But my only rap against it is, it's never piping hot.  

I have a Themos Brand French press. Game changer. :)

20220509_093158.jpg.e673ec833200c5204bc46cb59e777a5b.jpg

Edited by zak-striper

On 5/8/2022 at 6:52 AM, gray gables said:

I don’t drink coffee, never have. 

I've Never tried a cup of coffee that didn't taste like crap.

8 hours ago, unskunk said:

Keurig, my man,     Keurig......

My kid asked if I'd use it if he got me one . I told him don't bother I'm so used to instant now I wouldn't use it. 

Good coffee now means a prompt need to sit down and relieve myself. On the way home, or not at all. I do like a thermos of hot tea, which doesn't have the same effect.

My legs aren't good, so most of my fishing now on will be on a party boat. If the trip was a decent one of 12+ hours, I'd like a little hip flask of bourbon or rum.

3 mins ago, MSK1962 said:

Capresso® Infinity Silver Conical Burr Coffee Grinder. View a larger version of this product image.+ Starbucks Whole Bean Coffee Dark Roast Single-Origin Sumatra

+MOKA-OCEANA_01_3_1_1024x1024@2x.png?v=1618600222

= excellent cup of coffee

:heart: those stovetop espresso makers.

4 hours ago, bob_G said:

That's fine at home Jessica.:)  At home we grind our own beans (Peet's) and either brew it in a stovetop espresso maker, or a French press.  It's good stuff.

But when you're on the road all day, your options are limited.  In most cases it's either DD or Cumbies, or not at all.  I spend way too much $$$ on drive thru coffee.

They make this thing called a thermos.Saves a ton of money.

36 mins ago, hotfishgirl said:

They make this thing called a thermos.Saves a ton of money.

I know, I know, I should use them. :laugh: I have one large Stanley stainless that's over 40 years old, and two pint size stainless Nissans that I used to carry deer hunting, plus three other generic stainless thermoses.