codfish

What every good fishing trip starts with

Rate this topic

96 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Joe G said:

After years of trying most brands, I've finally settled on Peet's coffee for my home brew.  Specifically, the dark roast, Major Dickason's Blend.   

That's what we do in our house, and we have an online subscription so it's delivered every few weeks. Saves trips to the supermarket which help cut down on our food bill.

13 mins ago, K Foley said:

Ah, yes drinking it all the time. Like Cumby's says make it like you take it. Me Farmhouse Blend a little ice and light cream and I can drink right away. Summer when it ever comes works too. You can fill your cup with ice and the coffee is strong enough to hold up. Love Cumby's and 1 /2 the price and it is made the way you want it.

DD brews their iced coffee double strength, and chills it immediately.  As does Starbucks.  So when a customer asks for an iced coffee, they pour cold chilled coffee over ice, and add chilled milk or cream if you prefer.  The coffee doesn't dilute upon hitting the ice.

Cumbies brews theirs regular strength, and stores it in those air pots. So when you make your iced coffee, you're pouring warm coffee over ice.  Ice immediately begins melting, thus  diluting the coffee.  Add milk, and you've got a weak cup of iced coffee.   That's why it's only a $1 I suppose.

28 mins ago, bob_G said:

DD brews their iced coffee double strength, and chills it immediately.  As does Starbucks.  So when a customer asks for an iced coffee, they pour cold chilled coffee over ice, and add chilled milk or cream if you prefer.  The coffee doesn't dilute upon hitting the ice.

Cumbies brews theirs regular strength, and stores it in those air pots. So when you make your iced coffee, you're pouring warm coffee over ice.  Ice immediately begins melting, thus  diluting the coffee.  Add milk, and you've got a weak cup of iced coffee.   That's why it's only a $1 I suppose.

Never had a problem with strength maybe your store is different. Which I'm not surprised with.:sarc:

14 hours ago, Roccus7 said:

Did that once many moons ago.  Suffice it to say when a bass totally intent on suicide crashed my plug and tailwalked for a bit, my "finely adjusted reflexes" meant it took me a few seconds to say, "I think I got one" to which my brother said, "Was waiting for you to wake up"!!

At that very moment I swore never to fish stoned, any reductions to sensory and reflexive data analyses and actions is NOT acceptable...

Seriously. I once fought the bottom for five minutes after a bit of rum.

1 hour ago, KidDkivahh said:

Is there any other way to start off the day ?  Yah it's instant I have but one cup a day no sense to brew a pot . P5090010.JPG.ba3e3cbb899d06e270ef15e8c91fb6a6.JPG

Keurig, my man,     Keurig......

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 hours ago, Joe G said:

A number of canal fishers have been known to carry a wad of paper towels and/or pre-moistened cleansing wipes in the event nature calls while down on the riprap.

I snag the last 2inch sections off the coreless rolls found in most public toilets.    About half a normal roll worth and decomposes in a cathole unlike most wet wipes.  

8 hours ago, Mike Mendez said:

Poor man's latte - microwave milk then mix with your favorite instant coffee.

Drinkin that as type!   Also a great low cal breakfast. 

1 hour ago, unskunk said:

Keurig, my man,     Keurig......

Ehhh.  Always tastes like an ashtray to me.  My wife & MIL are all about it but I can't grow on it.  

Plus instant doesn't even need boiling hot water.  Just tap will do.   

And! In dire times you can just shove a pinch in your cheek like a chew. Done that a few times.  Faster than Vivarine.  

Another thing I love about instant. I control the coffee used.  I can go weak or double strength.  

Edited by PSegnatelli

4 hours ago, KidDkivahh said:

Is there any other way to start off the day ?  Yah it's instant I have but one cup a day no sense to brew a pot . P5090010.JPG.ba3e3cbb899d06e270ef15e8c91fb6a6.JPG

WOW nice mug:th:

19 hours ago, hotfishgirl said:

I use to smoke up before and think that i was more in tuned and on my game but after i quit i realized it was just the opposite and my reactions are so much faster now.

I drink a cup of coffee( i like grinding my own bean and use a french press) and eat my cinnamon toast crunch cereal and i'm good to go.

Right there with ya.

Occasionally, I'll take a single puff of a mild but clear sativa, but still think I fish better sober. Other thing is, even a bit of lettuce leaves me a smidge wobbly on the rocks...and that's something I try to avoid at all costs.

Though I appreciates a good green, I like solid footing and balance when fishing much better. Don't always follow my own advice, but feel better when I do.

As for coffee, I usually grab a med dunks + added Espresso shot for nighttime commutes before fishing. If I'm coming straight from work, I'll fire up the Espresso maker we have there and add 2 doubles to a bit of ice and whole milk for a power latte.

23 hours ago, unskunk said:

I start mine with sex...................

Solid plan to loosen up your wrist before casting.

10 hours ago, bob_G said:

Thats when they just make it.

Better than Duncan pukenuts.

Americans dont know what good coffee is

Startcrap ect......

Starting about this time of year, the wife knows not to discard the leftover coffee from the morning brew which is usually whatever big brand is on sale at Market Basket.  Whether I leave the house at 9pm or 4am (or anywhere in between) it's the same routine.  Get dressed, move around a bit, fill a glass with whatever is left in the pot and fire it down like a big shot or chugging a beer.  Then on my way.  It's usually enough to get me through an outing.  Always a 5 hour energy in the car as backup if it's going to be a long one.  Super healthy routine hahaha

20 mins ago, bassmaster said:

Thats when they just make it.

Better than Duncan pukenuts.

Americans dont know what good coffee is

Startcrap ect......

could not agree more! DD is not coffee...its water. Grind some Columbian beans and try a French press, now that is coffee.