jnicosia

Warning for WTB fly rods

54 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mkus said:

I’m on a metal detector forum and F&F with PayPal is fine they have a leave feedback section on members never had a problem there buying gear with that system…just buy from members with feedback easy way to prevent most issues 

The easiest way to prevent issues here is follow the rules - none of this would have happened if folks followed the rules they agreed to follow. We have no need for feedback when it's just easier to ask people not to use Friends and Family for purchases since it's also against PayPal's guidelines that folks also agreed to follow.

Lotta problems are easily avoided by following the terms of service you already agreed to follow :)

TimS

25 mins ago, TimS said:

It's even easier here - just ignore anyone that contacts you via PM to buy or sell anything - we did all the hard work for you and made it that simple :) 

Thanks Tim for kindly pointing out how to avoid these scams . Expensive one of a kind flyrod is no exception and that was my fault . I rushed into it as I was collecting these and finding them is hard task.

53 mins ago, jnicosia said:

Nino10 , looks like he is still on as a member. Atleast he had activity since Saturday . I saw he erased the content of the messages he sent me.

No, I erased the content of his messages so that nobody else would get burned by emailing one of his scammer email addresses. His account will be here forever - he can visit the site whenever he wants - but he can't post, he can't PM, he can't use the site. We don't remove anyone's account, we just banned them from using the site.

1 hour ago, i_like_poppers said:

Tim, this would be MtkSurfcaster asking for the venmo payments a few months ago/over the holidays. 

Thank you - he was also banned from the BST forum and his access to PMs removed. I'm not removing him completely from the site in hopes he continues to slowly make good on delivering the lures he sold people. But he will never buy, sell or trade here - or use PMs.  That was another example of people getting scammed because they ignored Rule #1 - zero people would have gotten scammed by him had they ignored or reported his PMs trying to sell lures.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Never seen a problem on the forums I’m on with feedback same goes on eBay good feedback ok to buy from all I’m saying not hard to have a feedback section for buyers and sellers

Edited by mkus

These forums are generally safe. Follow TimS rules, and maybe watch who you're dealing with. There are a ton of guys that are here forever. I try to avoid new guys though.

It sucks though. I can see how it happens when you're looking for less common things.

On 5/7/2022 at 7:29 AM, surfrat59 said:

My PP is linked to my Chase CC...no waiting while PP drags their feet...Chase will file my dispute and refund payment immediately until it's resolved. Hope it gets resolved quickly...alot of losers constantly trolling the internet, we all need to be careful.

This.

Years ago I had a problem with a conventional rod I tried to buy.  My cc solved the problem, pronto.

On 5/9/2022 at 4:49 PM, mkus said:

all I’m saying not hard to have a feedback section for buyers and sellers

It's not hard for you, but on a community like this it's a nightmare. You don't need to worry about feedback, if you follow the rules here you have statistically have absolutely nothing to worry about. People that follow the rules literally don't get scammed here. People that would get negative feedback are removed - so you don't have to worry about them. What's better than a system where members warn each other about scumbags? One that removes people so nobody needs to warn others about particular members :read:

TimS