jnicosia

Warning for WTB fly rods

54 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just been suckered by scammers on 2 fly rods By pm on SOL . 2 different fly rods by 2 different fake members.  

Edited by jnicosia

I fell for the venmo trap on a CV troller. Nothing from the seller. That's the exception, not the rule there are a lot of good people on these forums. 

It sucks, it really does. I know the feeling. Sorry this happened to you. 

Just now, i_like_poppers said:

I fell for the venmo trap on a CV troller. Nothing from the seller. That's the exception, not the rule there are a lot of good people on these forums. 

It sucks, it really does. I know the feeling. Sorry this happened to you. 

Thanks man but it's my fault i'e bought and sold on here for years. Just odd that they  hav pictures to show you and talk flyfishing.  It on a new level . Just putting this out here for others because like you said I wasn't the first nor the Last. 

I am very confused on how this happened. I find SOL very well managed. Care to share details for others to be on lookout for similar patterns? 

15 mins ago, jerseystriper said:

I to have made a few purchases here with no issues. What happen? 

I've made alot over the years . 

Basically,  I posted a WTB Addy for a specific rod that was no longer produced.  I got a p.m from someone saying he knows someone that has one. He put me in touch via email and sure enough he had pictures etc. Payed for it then asked for a tracking number . He said he will provide it when e Gets one from work. While that was going on ii had another Addy uo for a similar rod different weight . Someone else emailed me saying he saw my add , again had pictures I guess of Google they get them . Showed pictures sounded good etc. So now I am involved with 2 transactions at the same time. 

21 mins ago, jerseystriper said:

I to have made a few purchases here with no issues. What happen? 

Basically answered that below . 

That does S++k- any possibility of clawing money back? and I would at a minimum go to local PD or county prosecutor office and file police report- they may or may not want to do much of an investigation but if others have been similar ripped off they may want to do it. Not all that hard to track the money and ask SOL for I.P. addresses and see where that goes.  

Ugh. That sucks.  If you paid paypal goods and services you should be okay right?  Any shot of having used a credit card through PayPal?  If so, you can cancel the cc transaction right?

8 hours ago, ryc72 said:

Ugh. That sucks.  If you paid paypal goods and services you should be okay right?  Any shot of having used a credit card through PayPal?  If so, you can cancel the cc transaction right?

My PP is linked to my Chase CC...no waiting while PP drags their feet...Chase will file my dispute and refund payment immediately until it's resolved. Hope it gets resolved quickly...alot of losers constantly trolling the internet, we all need to be careful.

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 hours ago, ryc72 said:

That's where I really screwed up . I always do freinds and family and never had an issue since PayPal started. 

I believe these scammers are actually fisherman . They had knowledge and  pictures exact high end rods to share . 

I been pretty good with scams , I am selling a high end kayak and see a few scammers trying different tactics to get it from me for $500. One guy actually sent a sreen shot showing he paid me $3200 for my kayak and hassled me to drop it off to his friends place . 

Edited by jnicosia