Zubinac

Rays bait and tackle in Warwick

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Drove by last week and it was all coned off.

Google maps now says it's Ponaug Marina...

I'm guessing they sold the location but wondering if anyone can confirm?

12 mins ago, clammer said:

Gone ...for a few reasons ><>

Sad to hear I used to often go by 2-3 minutes before closing and they were always so helpful. Who I assume was the owner used to constantly feed me up to date reports. He helped me catch a boat load of tautog even though I hate targeting them when I had some coworkers from out of state asking me to take them out fishing for them.

Also sucks since it was less than 10 mins from my house. 

Not sure how I missed this. A friends family owned this B&T. Excellent hunter and fisherman.

On 5/22/2022 at 0:00 AM, beertherty said:

I slip my boat there.  I was told Dave, the owner of Ponaug Marina is taking it over.

Heading there tomorrow.  Will check it out.

Did Ponaug marine just buy the land for the boat ramp or are they planning on re-opening the bait shop under their name?

Spoke with Dave, owner of Ponaug on sunday.  He said he is working on it and is hoping to be up and running this season.

BTW we caught 10 huge bluefish Sunday mid bay.  No slot stripers mixed in unfortunately.  Umbrella rig and tube n squid 50/50

Tight lines

13 hours ago, beertherty said:

Spoke with Dave, owner of Ponaug on sunday.  He said he is working on it and is hoping to be up and running this season.

BTW we caught 10 huge bluefish Sunday mid bay.  No slot stripers mixed in unfortunately.  Umbrella rig and tube n squid 50/50

Tight lines

Thanks for the update! 

I have the day off tomorrow and torn on venturing out for a short trip. Patchy fog and 1nm visibility might keep me on dry land. 

But of course if I don't go the weather will change to the nicest day of the year.