nightfighter

Fuel dock prices 2022

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Initial price, today; $6.75/gallon gas   As reported by the driver who delivered me home heating oil at 6.03/gal.  He did warn me of the jump they got at the depot when we called in for a minimum 150 gallons....  The driver actually told my wife about the dock pricing as he had just delivered gas there and saw the price go up...

10 mins ago, Potterhead said:

So how do we think this is gonna play out... No mater how rich you are, $7.00 still has to hurt based on principle! 

Show us your Seacraft.

16 hours ago, Potterhead said:

So how do we think this is gonna play out... No mater how rich you are, $7.00 still has to hurt based on principle! 

If you like toi fish enough, you'll pay the price of admission.  Maybe you'll put another guy on the boat to split the costs a bit more, but you're going to go.

If you don't enjoy it that much, you'll keep the boat at the dock more, and only go out if you know there are fish around.

I do suspect that I'll find less pressure on the wrecks and in the canyons this summer.

17 hours ago, Potterhead said:

We'll be packed on my buddy's Cabo like Haitian boat people to keep the per head fuel bill reasonable

No joyriding on the make

On 5/5/2022 at 3:40 PM, Potterhead said:

Can I borrow your crystal ball?

Got a call from a friend yesterday, used to mate for him here and there back in the day as his mate at the time was unreliable.

fast forward 30 years, he is now my client.  Called me from the fuel dock yesterday, tone of his voice said it all.  Was taking 700 gallons of diesel @ $6.97

I was happily surprised to find diesel at $6.01 at my usual gas dock yesterday.  Was expecting to pay a buck more.

Had been fishing inshore all spring, and this was the first time I had to fuel up for an offshore trip.  Given the world situation, at $6.01 it's tough to complain.  I was paying something like $5.29 in 2018 or so.