Man Missing....

Rate this topic

CG.1.jpg

cg.2.jpg

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

By a family member....We are asking for any local help. Richard is my son-in-law’s brother, my grandkids uncle.
On Sunday May 01, 2022 Richard P. O’Day of Rumson, NJ went missing between the hours of 10am-10pm. His 27’ Grady White Freedom boat was found anchored in either Spermaceti or Horseshoe Cove with no occupant containing his wallet and phone. The boat left a private dock on Polly’s Pond that morning. Richard is 6’ 180 lbs brown/grey hair 54 years old. Unsure of clothing. He has spent his life on the water surfing and on boats. If you are walking along the shoreline on Sandy Hook please be alert, we need to find him. If you have any video on the Shrewsbury River from Polly’s Pond to either of the coves on Sunday please review to see if you notice the Grady White and any occupants.
This would include homes in Rumson, Sea Bright, and Highlands, possibly Atlantic Highlands as welI. If you were on the water and recall seeing thre boat that would be important information as well. If you have any information please contact Detective Schneider of the Rumson, NJ Police Department 732-842-0500. His family and children are devastated.
Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

Whoa. Boaters don’t usually wear cold water gear either - cringe when I see those springtime pics in regular street clothes.

Hopefully he’s okay somehow - cold on a beach. No passengers?

I was out Sunday, there was state police helicopters and Coast guard lighting on the bay with boats out there.  God bless his family.  He is mostly likely gone.  

Weird that the boat was found anchored and unattended.  I hate to say it, but sounds suspicious.  It was perfect boating weather on sunday

yeah.....probably to Costa Rica.....omo.

"Gird Your Loins"

true.....guess we'll see.

"Gird Your Loins"

PFD may not matter if he got hypothermia. But it probably would have bought some extra time. 

————

Guy faked his death similarly IIRC, down in Atlantic County back 5-10 years ago. Anyone remember that? I think he swam ashore. Later got caught. 

That guy wasn’t leaving behind a Sr Managing Director job and the beautiful house that comes up registered to this guy. Although, this one has the means to disappear if he is really trying. 

Was out today on the water fishing and took the time to cover shoreline with the boys and talked with the brother and family. Sucks to hear these things but fishing on the water of all kinds makes us a big family. Would want others to help if it were my shoes. I gave him my descriptions and showed him water I covered on the Navionics. Sorry to say I did not see anything to help find closure. Hope that he is found. 

4 hours ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

this is Bigdeals family member, not some no name story. let's try and help, not play Columbo. 

He said “by a family member.” Of that guy. I don’t think it’s his family. 

And he said “costa rica” himself. 

Relax. 

4 hours ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

this is Bigdeals family member, not some no name story. let's try and help, not play Columbo. 

Nobody was being disrespectful. 

For the record:

If I go missing in the drink during early May, or any other time, feel free to respectfully discuss whatever you like. 

This is no relation or aquaintance of mine.........the article was written by his family member....

"Gird Your Loins"