HugeDinghy

Rent relief

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

My senior in college daughter came home with one of her friends. This girl graduated last year. She’s working for some national organization processing the rent relief that followed the eviction ban.  So the rent relief checks go straight to the person as a cash payment. She said they are so pressured to qualify people , because there is so much money to spend, that they are discouraged from asking questions about the forms or even the ID’s people provide. There is a tenant section and a landlord section, if they don’t fill out the landlord side the check goes right to the tenant. She said she processed a $9k check yesterday and has processed multiple checks for people in the “tens  of thousands”. Something about the “ California mode” or some ****. 

this is a young girl and even she said that the government action will end up exacerbating the problem. 

I am anxiously awaiting the landlord bailout payments since the likelihood of these monies being used for “rent” seems unsurprisingly low 

Posted (edited) · Report post

They spin it as an example of how guaranteed income works. Watch. 

Edited by HugeDinghy

I have a tenant... Let's say, hypothetically speaking, they fall on "hard times" and 

stop paying me.... How long do I legally have to support my new stow-away and eat the cost?   

Posted (edited) · Report post

They love giving away taxpayers money as much as they like taking it from hard working people who pay their bills.

Edited by rockyoutdoors

11 mins ago, Pistol Pete said:

I have a tenant... Let's say, hypothetically speaking, they fall on "hard times" and 

stop paying me.... How long do I legally have to support my new stow-away and eat the cost?   

depends on the state

10 mins ago, Pistol Pete said:

You’re a land baron, you don’t need their rent money. And depending on where you live, good luck getting rid of them.

This a national program? Must be nobody is working. 

Im not reading all that. I am amused that you put up a post of such depth. 

i would also like to thank you for not jumping in my threads of late and calling me a meow meow and other ****. 

27 mins ago, Pistol Pete said:

They can squat for a long time and I’m pretty sure you can’t take action like turning off water etc… this are the times it can suck to be a landlord 

37 mins ago, makorider said:

And everyone is wondering where all the workers are at....

Exactly. I knew I was missing something. No way that even the poorest of poor were living off rise small payments.