pressphotog

May 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

507 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

42 mins ago, adobo said:

I don't want to go back there anymore, almost got into a slapping/tickling contest last time I was there. I only go to amuse merman @mike07gsxr with my swimming and jumping/diving skills on the other side. He  comes out of hiding from his favorite bush and he seems to enjoy seeing me soaking wet and limping heading out. @Eeeeels be careful, that place consumes you, you may never go back to fishing anywhere else. 

And now I know why. Too late man already consumed. One ring to rule them all. Benny season almost here. Too much traffic then……………

Edited by Eeeeels

13 mins ago, Eeeeels said:

And now I know why. Too late man already consumed. One ring to rule them all. Benny season almost here. Too much traffic then……………

Don't worry, it will only take one A hole to ruin your expereince there and make you not want to go back. You are still fine sir, Merman on the other hand aka @mike07gsxr can no longer be saved. 

12 mins ago, pressphotog said:

Fished out front today even though I had planned on doing something else.  The water looked too fishy, wasn't dirty at all and the surf was totally fishable.   Hit 4 fish to 31" on bucktail just slow gliding it carefully through the very fast right to left sweep.   I particularly loved catching one of the better two fish in front of a guy who made a point to come over and tell me that  I "wasn't going to catch anything" and that the surf was "too big and too rough" lol......Ok buddy. 

Thats cool. What size BT if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by adams54

Sounds like out front wasn't too bad but out back,..if you are wondering the water quality report, in the stretch i was fishen...landfill. chocolate milk, garbage everywhere. The bad kind of garbage too. Needles, maxi pads, plastic. Not tryna gross anybody out but it was absolutely disgusting. Skunk. 

30 mins ago, joefishnj21 said:

Sounds like out front wasn't too bad but out back,..if you are wondering the water quality report, in the stretch i was fishen...landfill. chocolate milk, garbage everywhere. The bad kind of garbage too. Needles, maxi pads, plastic. Not tryna gross anybody out but it was absolutely disgusting. Skunk. 

Dude that is the bad part of the area of the region we live in. So many cities and bad habits abroad that contribute to this. One moment you think you hooked a nice 40lber only knowing it was a hefty trash bag with who knows in it. Never-ever barefoot. Crazy to believe fish thrive in the mess to be honest at times. Not long ago I had really decent fish top water around the most ridiculous debris. Had to dance lures around all kinds of stuff. 

1 min ago, Mr.Belmar said:

And still a couple more days … errr 

Crazy. Temps have been way off and winds have been crazy NE since friday. 

12 hours ago, adams54 said:

Thats cool. What size BT if you don't mind me asking?

The largest I had in my bag which was 1.5oz which I could have easily used a 2oz with the sweep and to maybe get a little more distance to set up the presentation better.  All of the fish were in the lip area for the most part.  The BT was tipped with a straight split tail 

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

Crazy. Temps have been way off and winds have been crazy NE since friday. 

Very strange weather patterns for sure. I’m so over the cold- my hands are all torn up from being wet and cold…

but hey at least the fish are still hungry! 

curious to see what happens when this is all over… 

Edited by Mr.Belmar

Turn the fan off. Hard to be outside with the sand blast Dead in my area, dirty water, crazy sweep, inlet has been completely dead… and this through the weekend 

On 5/7/2022 at 9:59 AM, Sudsy said:

I'm so screwed, ultimate first cast jinx

First time out for bass, first cast, fish in the high teens maybe 20, legal just under 38"

In the back, honkin wind in my face. 

Might as well just pack it up for the year now

Pics or it didn't happen!