May 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, linesiderdemdnj said:

Is that a joke?  It’s not like they are painted on, the stripes are in the scales of the fish……

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor

:chug:

Edited by JimK
ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JIMK A DULL BOY.. ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JIMK A DULL BOY....

"Russian War Ship.. go f*#k yourself"

1 hour ago, DeeMonee said:

Beautiful AM and pre sunrise color. Light NNE that was building up through the outing, beginning of incoming, fair amount of rubbish and some weed in the surf but plenty of suds. Light left to right sweep. Not a lot of wildlife activity today either. Managed 1 at 26” on bugs in skinny water. 

3B052CB3-3C78-4644-824D-9A07560B329E.jpeg

Nice try. That's the same fish as the other day, with a slight adjustment on the angle and photoshopped sunlight! If it was a newer fish @MC55 would be all over you for taking one of his bug fish!

4 hours ago, linesiderdemdnj said:

Is that a joke?  It’s not like they are painted on, the stripes are in the scales of the fish……

Peter Quill : Yeah, I'll have to agree with the walking thesaurus on that one.

Drax the Destroyer : DO NOT ever call me a thesaurus.

Peter Quill : It's just a metaphor, dude.

Rocket Raccoon : His people are completely literal. Metaphors go over his head.

Drax the Destroyer : *Nothing* goes over my head...! My reflexes are too fast, I would catch it.

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

1 hour ago, nam1969 said:

Nice try. That's the same fish as the other day, with a slight adjustment on the angle and photoshopped sunlight! If it was a newer fish @MC55 would be all over you for taking one of his bug fish!

Ha! I knew you’d be all over it, Bob…

Fished the back last night out of my kayak for the first time this year.  I was fishing top water just before dark and had some big blow ups but didn't hook up.  Action slowed then I switched to plastics and Mag Darter after dark and was able to land a few.  Lost a few others and as I was paddling back to the ramp I spook a few more including one big one that hit my kayak as it tried to get away.

Striper.jpg.15f17ef5883bd10c643f73ad902bf1de.jpg

35 mins ago, richie c said:

1st time out this year, no bait no birds no nothing but more WIND

I can second this, daytime hours on the RB absolute ghost town, no bait whatsoever not even a dead bunker washed up on the shore. With some of the reports thought I would have at least seen a bunker, silverside, bay anchovy, blue claw, horseshoe crab, mole crab...anything. Only bird I saw fishing was a snowy egret on killies in a tidal creek.