pressphotog

May 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

507 posts in this topic

Fished in the back, just trying to avoid the crowd.  Water felt like a few degrees warmer and did not see bait, just kept moving  (chest waders) and a light set up.  First two hours not a bite, started to head back and caught 4 shorts 15-20 inches. Topwater got their attention!!  

10 hours ago, richs said:

Those big fish are tempting, but probably a lot of angler hours go into those  few fish.  Best to stick to your knitting and fish moving water in hopes of finding a concentration. If you want to soak bait and have a nice day at the beach, then it's a great outing. It'll be packed today with folks beating the heat. 

I'm plugging tomorrow morning and confident I'll find fish.  Trailblazer time!

11 hours ago, Local24 SSP said:

The tourists have invaded my area… whole lotta Pennsyltucky and New Yawk plates around….

Dude it was insane the traffic. And driving over gap last night on way home from dinner it was bumper to bumper at 10pm

Posted (edited) · Report post

Went out after the crowds left.  Had real nice cooler temps on the water.  

closer to shore surface water temps read

mid-high 60s. 

Starting to see lots more bunker which is a good sign.  

found fish in 25-40’ of water.  Live lining took biggest boat fish of the evening.  

90DB3475-3182-47BD-BA30-FB1CA09BA41A.jpeg

Edited by Goldy

This is the time of the year where u go fish early morning and are heading back against the flow of traffic around around 10am, or u head down after 5/6pm and fish the night.

Perfect fishing conditions last night, first spot had lots of debris and had one hit and dropped another. Decided to make a move where I got a huge blue, small striper and dropped a big fish, peeled line a several times and came off 30’ in front of me 

9C01BC3B-7893-4340-B8F6-0EFB78F91210.jpeg

17 hours ago, Local24 SSP said:

The tourists have invaded my area… whole lotta Pennsyltucky and New Yawk plates around….

Totally Insane. 

1 min ago, RiverCommando215 said:

@Goldy

You suck at fishing.  There I said it!:kissthrow:

RC

Thanks.  

2 hours ago, Master Debaiter said:

Perfect fishing conditions last night, first spot had lots of debris and had one hit and dropped another. Decided to make a move where I got a huge blue, small striper and dropped a big fish, peeled line a several times and came off 30’ in front of me 

9C01BC3B-7893-4340-B8F6-0EFB78F91210.jpeg

Im jealous of the blue 

Insane traffic yesterday on Ocean Avenue...get out early to hit the surf..invasion of the .bennies ...Pier Village should be renamed bennie village...

Im fishing beer cans from my recliner today and enjoy the AC. No way Im going close to the madness. 

6 hours ago, Goldy said:

Dude it was insane the traffic. And driving over gap last night on way home from dinner it was bumper to bumper at 10pm

1 hour ago, Eeeeels said:

Totally Insane. 

I’ll stick to fishing within a couple miles of my house. Bad enough I commute to Hoboken for work…..:poopfan:

Bass are around in numbers, if only weakfish still existed…