pressphotog

May 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

507 posts in this topic

Got this 18" on that sinking lure.Used a moderate twitch and sink style. Tried 3" white gulp and a 3" white paddle tail on light jig heads but nothing on them.10am ish.

8 mins ago, jrzyripper said:

565AAD86-A2E7-4BAE-A387-4F4D49284C4C.jpeg.7430b8b3ccc59155edba55e1ccbb2cdd.jpegGave in from my usual plug tactics and tried to participate in the “epic clam bite”. 

it worked and got my PB. 

Nice ...   Did you get a measurement ...

3 hours ago, MVTee said:

Night shift 9-230am in RB. Had to work for them as it was a new spot for me but had 3 good bass and @chocodove had an XL bass after a few came unbuttoned. 

76A96318-052B-4E02-B490-229C160E72DE.jpeg

Nothing to add here other than I was surprised at the amount of participation at 2am. 

My XL crushed a yellow darter. 

1 hour ago, chocodove said:

Nothing to add here other than I was surprised at the amount of participation at 2am. 

My XL crushed a yellow darter. 

Nobody works anymore. 

Late report from Last night   MoCo outback   9:00 PM to 1:20 AM   Light Variable Breeze shifting from SE to NE and back.   Glassy water with some small baitfish dimpling the surface of the water.  The smell of Bunker was in the air.  Did actually see a bunker wake the surface of the water.  First time this year for bunker sighting.    Best of all I had the place to myself, nobody else around ...  I would occasionally hear the splash of Stripers ambushing bait...   but it turned out to be a slow pick...   First hookup was after about an hour and made a big splash on the surface and frothed up the surface of the water then took a screaming run ... then slack..  Hook Pulled out...  Next one wasn't for another 2 hours..  Solid hit and took some nice runs.   Walked it into the beach 31 inches.   Dead for another hour and I was going through my last 3 cast routine when I got another solid hit.   Fought hard took a few nice runs ...  another 31 inch striper    Had 3 hookups all night each an hour or 2 apart.   Stayed for another 20 min but then packed it in  

1 hour ago, fishless said:

Nobody works anymore. 

Im available 24/7 via my work phone and work remote on my laptop as needed. Only thing I sacrifice is sleep. Dont hate

23 hours ago, Mike said:

Any tips on what size baits fluke are hitting in the back? 3", 6"?

Been catching on both 5 & 6" GULP jerk shads.

48 mins ago, MVTee said:

Im available 24/7 via my work phone and work remote on my laptop as needed. Only thing I sacrifice is sleep. Dont hate

Being available and working are the same now? 

6 mins ago, fishless said:

Being available and working are the same now? 

I work whenever work is required of me regardless of my physical location or time of day/night.