pressphotog

May 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

430 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, chocodove said:

They were stacked in a certain area up here a few weeks ago, now not so much. 

Saw them twice but not a lot of them the first time and a couple the second time that was about 3 weeks ago and nothing since. And there was any around before that.

I very rarely take fish photos anymore unless the fish are special.  I supposed this short qualifies not for it's size but its stripe pattern that was broken and lacking in places.  

IMG_4985.jpeg

7 hours ago, DeeMonee said:

Couldn’t resist trying bugs and finally broke the skunk streak with 1 24” schoolie. Had another hit that stole bait but that was it. 

That's good news and it would be nice to get one of those over slots on bugs that some are getting on clams :wee:

Went on a boat today hoping to jig for stripers w spoons and jig for fluke. We started the day trolling to find the fish, it only took maybe 5 minutes to hook up, then we tried jigging but the current was just too strong, so we continued trolling and tried them spoons again, still a no go. We kept trying but ended up catching more than a  dozen all on the troll, which was disappointing. Apologies to those on a boat who struggled today but I really wanted to hook up while jigging. Fluke was also hard to get into with the current. Bunker were there in very good numbers just off the bay. Most of the fish we caught seemed to be post spawn. 

7 hours ago, DeeMonee said:

Thanks Bro. In my head, I’m saying if there’s no bait and they’re chewing on clam, why not bugs.

The schoolies are always chewing on bugs

5 hours ago, Eeeeels said:

I hate bluefish 

92217B12-54D2-4C30-8CD1-AF3696325233.jpeg

Zip ties !!

That's a hell of an idea :idea:

Couple drops of  loctite super glue, no need for zip ties. One on the left has probably 30 bass on it and hasn't budged. Only rubber that needs a zip tie is the Zmann baits.

PXL_20220427_052139747.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

it's not new............ya know.

Can't imagine it is, but I'm obviously not bright enough to have thought of it :freak:

Little bag of multicolored zip ties will be finding their way into my jigging bag

Edited by Sudsy

walked out in the back bay thinking stupidly the tide was outgoing at 630pm :) Thankfully there were no fish or I may have gotten very wet instead of just a little.

4 hours ago, pressphotog said:

I very rarely take fish photos anymore unless the fish are special.  I supposed this short qualifies not for it's size but its stripe pattern that was broken and lacking in places.  

IMG_4985.jpeg

Obviously this fish has been caught more than once before.. dragged up the sand for pics.. wore the stripes right off.. 

5 mins ago, JimK said:

Obviously this fish has been caught more than once before.. dragged up the sand for pics.. wore the stripes right off.. 

Could be! Also looks like psoriasis. :drool:

2 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Zip ties !!

That's a hell of an idea :idea:

I stole that from some one else. I would have never have thought of that.

don’t forget the crazy glue

1 hour ago, JimK said:

Yeah something was definitely up.  Looking at my photo longer it has some damage on the gill plate too.   I've seen some fish with the cauliflower like growth on them that had similar shading.  It made me wonder if this fish was headed in that direction or like your thinking was just terribly cared for after being caught.