pressphotog

May 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

507 posts in this topic

33 mins ago, giacommin said:

Check out the big swirl against the bulkhead just behind the pedestrians. Looks like a 30 poundah.

A rock, not a rockfish and definitely over 30 lbs!

1 hour ago, suntzu said:

I will never give my business to those shops again; in addition to posting false info they are blowing up spots for money I give my business to Amazon (with one exception) best prices, best service, everything available all the time & they don’t make up stories, post pictures from previous years to create the illusion that something is happening and more. Some goes for all the charters who to me are no different then commercial drag netters/ gill netters and should face more regulation as they too are profiting on the exploitation of a public resource Just my opinion & recognize others may feel completely different 

happy you caught bluefish somewhere no where near where I reported none, and several B&Ts falsely reported there were fish yesterday to drive traffic to their proximate shops

last vent ;) used to be 10% of the fisherman caught 90% of the fish; now it is 10% of the fisherman actually fish & 90% drive around watching, asking for intel, driving around, sitting in their cars. It is starting to creep me out :)

1 hour ago, suntzu said:

Live report from the bluefish blitz :) 

F05E17CB-E88D-4C71-B86F-0C6DCFB1B0F6.jpeg

If you’ve switched to Amazon because shops are “blowing up” spots like the one in your picture, you’ve got a long and frustrating uphill battle ahead of you. And if your no fish report was from the spot in your picture, then I caught them very near you. Just took a little exploring. 

10% are still catching 90%. 

24 mins ago, mr. mr said:

If you’ve switched to Amazon because shops are “blowing up” spots like the one in your picture, you’ve got a long and frustrating uphill battle ahead of you. And if your no fish report was from the spot in your picture, then I caught them very near you. Just took a little exploring. 

10% are still catching 90%. 

That spot no one could blow up It is always popular & crowded because its easy … others not so much such as west of there.. but you better have fresh bunker which we just got in, or SP minnows-a shipment just arrived Thursday… :) 

Outfront in moco this morning from 630 to 830 for incoming to high tide. Foggy with a hint of breeze from the east.  Steady 2-4 footers rolling in and great white water.  

spent most of the morning throwing bucktails, but ended up catching a 30” bluefish on a Westin glidebait. Personal best for me from the surf. Nice way to start the weekend!

Found some bluefish mayhem in the back. I was a bit undergunned and lost a few lures, but still had a lot of fun with them. 

5 hours ago, R.O.G said:

Something similar bothered me over the last few fall seasons. The guys who showed up with all their gear standing waiting for action, and don’t fish unless someone catches a fish or a blitz pops. Get out there and find the fish, best feeling is catching when no one else is! 

I've seen that for decades. It's nothing new. 

Gave it a try for a couple hours this morning. Nothing doing. Lousy Spring for me. Wish I could get out more. FML. As for local tackle shops. Most are good. Except for the report liars. Like the one in south Seaside park. Total BS reports since this guys father ran it.

3 hours ago, MC55 said:

So finally found a few that could put a bend in the rod.  Fished out front with very nice conditions, a rolling surf, clean water and overcast foggy sky.  Upcoming full moon is pushing the water up the beach so keep an eye out for that.  Have to confess that I was tossing all of the plastics and plugs but couldn't get a touch so went to the bugs and got results. First keeper size of the season at 31 inches and a second at 27.  May is the new June, right?

DSCF3819.JPG

DSCF3821.JPG

I see your Sharky baitfeeder is still going strong. 

2 hours ago, Slowwwride said:

I see your Sharky baitfeeder is still going strong. 

Actually, picked up a new one this winter when they were 15% off.  For under $50 it was worth getting another. The old one I have is still in good shape after a couple years of use.

1 hour ago, MC55 said:

Actually, picked up a new one this winter when they were 15% off.  For under $50 it was worth getting another. The old one I have is still in good shape after a couple years of use.

Worth it. I busted mine throwing it in the tailgate with a bunch of crap. Snapped at the reel stem. Think about that next time you’re targeting Mako Sharks.

15 hours ago, Danny1199 said:

I've seen that for decades. It's nothing new. 

I call them "The Watchers." :)