pressphotog

May 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

507 posts in this topic

58 mins ago, RiverCommando215 said:

To be honest that fish didn’t come from

adobos rat hole.  I stopped in there to shoot the breeze for an hour, and then jumped around to the less crowded spots.  Tight lines 

Got her on a maja bunker spoon!
RC

That's probably the best description of that place to be honest, I feel like a rat out of a sewage hole each time I get out of there, especially when I end up swimming.

4 hours ago, adobo said:

Lots of cops at RB spots these days. I always use my texas chinese accent to make them feel at ease. Yes I do stay in the car and see what's up before heading out. 

I was quoting the best line from Goya 2022

1 min ago, plugchucker said:

I was quoting the best line from Goya 2022

I didn't forget, life of an illegal.

Remains a dead zone in my neighborhood Even the cormorants are gone. Ocean has laid down a bit and water clarity improved but no fish around. Bunker very absent Tackle Shops must be posting fake Friday reports about bluefish again to generate traffic judging by all the PA and NY plates today

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 hours ago, suntzu said:

Remains a dead zone in my neighborhood Even the cormorants are gone. Ocean has laid down a bit and water clarity improved but no fish around. Bunker very absent Tackle Shops must be posting fake Friday reports about bluefish again to generate traffic judging by all the PA and NY plates today

Easy does it. Had 6 of them tonight. They’re around, just not in your neighborhood. 

No need to get down on the shops. The business depends, at least in part, on tourism and angler effort. They give a little info to get a little business. I couldn’t be happier to see some shops cashing in on the bait bite this spring. I hope they walk away with a nice chunk of change when it dries up. 

Edited by mr. mr

7 hours ago, mr. mr said:

Easy does it. Had 6 of them tonight. They’re around, just not in your neighborhood. 

No need to get down on the shops. The business depends, at least in part, on tourism and angler effort. They give a little info to get a little business. I couldn’t be happier to see some shops cashing in on the bait bite this spring. I hope they walk away with a nice chunk of change when it dries up. 

I will never give my business to those shops again; in addition to posting false info they are blowing up spots for money I give my business to Amazon (with one exception) best prices, best service, everything available all the time & they don’t make up stories, post pictures from previous years to create the illusion that something is happening and more. Some goes for all the charters who to me are no different then commercial drag netters/ gill netters and should face more regulation as they too are profiting on the exploitation of a public resource Just my opinion & recognize others may feel completely different 

happy you caught bluefish somewhere no where near where I reported none, and several B&Ts falsely reported there were fish yesterday to drive traffic to their proximate shops

last vent ;) used to be 10% of the fisherman caught 90% of the fish; now it is 10% of the fisherman actually fish & 90% drive around watching, asking for intel, driving around, sitting in their cars. It is starting to creep me out :)

Couldn’t put much time in this week. But I was able to put together a string of Skunks. Out front and back several spots over that past couple of days. Improving water conditions out front and wind lying down. Then again they like spicy conditions. Not a tap for me. Glad you guys are finding em’. 

22 mins ago, suntzu said:

last vent ;) used to be 10% of the fisherman caught 90% of the fish; now it is 10% of the fisherman actually fish & 90% drive around watching, asking for intel, driving around, sitting in their cars. It is starting to creep me out :)

Something similar bothered me over the last few fall seasons. The guys who showed up with all their gear standing waiting for action, and don’t fish unless someone catches a fish or a blitz pops. Get out there and find the fish, best feeling is catching when no one else is! 

8 mins ago, bdowning said:

^^nice spot. No crowds. :shaky:

Come one come all its crazy fishing But I cannot lie The absence of fish and bait is astounding although I did see a cormorant just eat an eel which was fun 

37 mins ago, suntzu said:

Live report from the bluefish blitz :) 

F05E17CB-E88D-4C71-B86F-0C6DCFB1B0F6.jpeg

Check out the big swirl against the bulkhead just behind the pedestrians. Looks like a 30 poundah.

1 hour ago, suntzu said:

Live report from the bluefish blitz :) 

F05E17CB-E88D-4C71-B86F-0C6DCFB1B0F6.jpeg

Great picture. Does look tempting with all that fog and nobody around.