pressphotog

May 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

507 posts in this topic

Careful out there boys, took a routine step the other night and stepped down and extra foot or so…. Even the back got carved up!

21 hours ago, RiverCommando215 said:

It’s over…. 
Yakapanaski! 

9D1295B2-A0FF-45F3-A83E-8C6D0B183C1A.jpeg.bf2b6c00f5ff5ab382c84428c93aef3b.jpeg

Finally got one i see….

nice fish. 

Eeeeels……..

Made it out there yesterday and again this morning hitting both out front and some river work.  Best I could do over the two outings was one dink.  Water out front was looking great, just missing some hungry fish.

Any RB water reports? Still chocolatey? Can't find the fish in my local spots, thinking of taking the drive up. Thanks in advance. 

Out back in MoCo this morning for the middle of the incoming tide. Water was definitely clearing up, though a little dirty still. 

Nothing happening on top water, had a few taps on a zman shad but no commits. Pretty nasty morning with the fog and rain, went home early.

1 hour ago, adobo said:

Any RB water reports? Still chocolatey? Can't find the fish in my local spots, thinking of taking the drive up. Thanks in advance. 

Cops in the parking lot

Stay in the car

Zinnnnnnng!

45 mins ago, plugchucker said:

Cops in the parking lot

Stay in the car

Zinnnnnnng!

Lots of cops at RB spots these days. I always use my texas chinese accent to make them feel at ease. Yes I do stay in the car and see what's up before heading out. 

1 hour ago, RiverCommando215 said:

4.  No real fireworks.  Just a grind for spawned out fish.  Me thinks it’s time to move on.

RC

4 is bad enough, last time I was there it was 6. Thanks!

47 mins ago, adobo said:

If it's where we fish and I see 2 already fishing I give courtesy and move on.  The spot doesn't hold more than that comfortably. 

1 hour ago, adobo said:

at least he didn't fall in.  haha

Posted (edited) · Report post

Late report. Tried a popular spot at an inlet somewhere in somoco 2 nights ago. Nothing going on. Dead. Saw one 3-4 lb blue caught out of several dudes fishing. I call it casting practice. Amazing. Went someplace else last night in the back and a couple of small bass nothing to brag about.  There was some bait around but still no bunker sightings in spots they were super thick earlier on. 

Edited by adams54

1 hour ago, fishless said:

If it's where we fish and I see 2 already fishing I give courtesy and move on.  The spot doesn't hold more than that comfortably. 

To be honest that fish didn’t come from

adobos rat hole.  I stopped in there to shoot the breeze for an hour, and then jumped around to the less crowded spots.  Tight lines 

Got her on a maja bunker spoon!
RC