Steve_M

What’s your all time favorite rod

Rate this topic

95 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

With all the rods we’ve used over the years I was wondering what’s your favorite? Mine was the 9’ FSC. I’m sure there’s some real classics 

Edited by Steve_M

Penn Pro Guide Surf 7'6". Sure wish I could find a couple more of them as backup...

Posted (edited)

SB 136 3M cut from butt to 10 ft with Abu 7000. 

I'd still fish them if it not so heavy. Near perfect rod.

Favorite in the lineup would be my Century SS 1265 with a 7000 HSN.

Edited by East Tide

59 mins ago, Steve_M said:

With all the rods we’ve used over the years I was wondering what’s your favorite? Mine was the 9’ FSC. I’m sure there’s some real classics 

Yes!!! 9’ FSC 1087 in house build is my daily driver!  Close second, sentimental reasons, Fenwick 1206 rewrapped with modern and classic touches.  I also have a ratty 8’ Tica 1/2-2 that just won’t die after 20 or so years of hard use. 

190C9C12-3383-4A7F-8D43-6F26A58B3DD9.jpeg.538163b32a5bbe6be895e0b623e8c221.jpegBig Red , Daiwa ballistic 35. I love to see this thing bow up on sharks . Will toss a long rub leader.

LamiGlass S-Glass SSB136 2M, Fenwick 1348 paired with "Van Stalled" Crack 300 and Luxor 300 (circa 1950) respectively.  Just too heavy for my nerve-damaged hands anymore, but still ride the beach in my rack if I think large Blues are around. It took years, but found fairly good substitutes in the 11ft 6in FSC predator and 12 ft 6in Century HJ144 (the latter cut down 3 inches from butt).  These are paired with VR200 and Daiwa Emblem Surf 35QD SCM with Mag-Seal, respectively. 

Posted (edited)

Cabellas 12 ft surf casting rod … it’s sweet spot is 2 1/2/ -3 oz …over 13 years old, never let me down and can cast accurately …it’s always in the truck ,rigged and ready to go with one of at least 4 reels from the garage shelf that match it nicely… and it catches fish …lol lol lol 

Edited by Surf bomber

Toss up between my Lami 1201L and Century 1145. Then of course there’s my Genesis…