22 posts in this topic

You have been scammed. He was removed as soon as a second person notified me that he was sending PM's telling people to contact so and so to buy whatever it was they had WTB threads open for. And I know some of you went ahead and contacted those email addresses and THINK you purchased something. You didn't, you got scammed. You won't receive the item and I'm sure you paid via Venmo or PayPal friends and family as scumbag scammers will ask you to do.

File this under another lesson for why we don't allow PM buying, selling, soliciting or trading. The guys that followed the rules and reported the scammer didn't get scammed - the guys that went ahead and made the purchases, I'm not going to remove your PMs because I'm pretty sure next time someone PM's you to buy or sell something, you'll remember the time you got separated from your money by breaking the rules. Scumbag operate via PM - if you don't respond to those scumbags, you will not be taken advantage of by them - if you report them, you'll potentially save someone else from those scumbags - if you deal with them via PM you are on your own. People don't get scammed here when they follow the rules - we can't protect anyone when they break the rules. All of our rules are there for a reason - they aren't there because we want rules, they are often there for your protection - to keep things transparent and fair and to keep things moving. Hopefully you can get your money back.

TimS

Since this guy appears to be doing this across various websites, I'm gonna share literally everything I've gathered from his time here in hopes that it helps shut this piece of **** down or slows him down - or, best case scenario, provides enough information for someone he stole from to prosecute or identify him.

He registered here as Nino10 and with email address rodger3421@gmail.com

He told people to contact these following email addresses to buy stuff that matched their WTB threads - nothing was ever for sale - and all these email addresses are either him or the same person:

randyphillips026@gmail.com
kaceyalbertineruv21@gmail.com
jaredsteven025@gmail.com
Lackstademoore@gmail.com

And PM'd people this phone number - this hopefully helps identify or prosecute the piece of **** - presumably some members actually contacted the number and it worked:

919-289-9080 - this same number is reported is all the scams from this guy I've been able to find online.

And PM'd from two IP addresses - both in Boston, both Comcast IP addresses - but I suspect they may be Comcast's VPN or something since they are both associated with spam and hack attemps.

So that's what I've gathered. I hate to spend too much time on this because all it would have taken for him to not rob anyone here would have been folks following the rules and not doing any buying or selling via PM - but I'd love to see this piece of **** stopped.

I'm guessing he got at least a few guys. It's a pretty convincing scam - "Email my buddy, he the exact (insert rare, hard to find item here) that you are looking for - here's his email address."

Then when you email his 'friend' - it's really still the same scumbag - he sends you pictures he found on Google - and offers a too good to be true price. And demands PP F&F.  Same piece of **** has been apparently doing this across numerous sites like this since 2019 - at least. He's a piece of **** - so I put the email addresses and phone numbers in the thread title as tags so they get indexed by all the search engines. Hopefully this makes it tougher for him to rob too many more people :squid:

TimS

This is a pretty common scam on other forums, I see people complain about it everyday on THT, it seems to happen with every WTB ad

Forgive my ignorance, I know there is a post requirement and time requirement to use the BST, is there one implemented for PMs?

Of course if people followed the rules and reported it they would not get scammed but it might deter people from even attempting on this site, just a thought and of course probably more work for the admins

13 hours ago, wjtoggin said:

Forgive my ignorance, I know there is a post requirement and time requirement to use the BST, is there one implemented for PMs?

Yes, the same - 15 posts and 7 days being a member. That helps weed out most dregs...but not all. $10 says it's the same pieces of **** doing it all over the place - that phone number and some of those emails are the same as he was using in 2019.  It's a "google" phone number - and they don't care that he's using it to steal money. They tell you to report it to law enforcement - you show me law enforcement that's going to get involved over $150 :dismay:

Someone needs to catch this guy - and keep law enforcement out of it :beers:

4 hours ago, TimS said:

Yes, the same - 15 posts and 7 days being a member. That helps weed out most dregs...but not all. $10 says it's the same pieces of **** doing it all over the place - that phone number and some of those emails are the same as he was using in 2019.  It's a "google" phone number - and they don't care that he's using it to steal money. They tell you to report it to law enforcement - you show me law enforcement that's going to get involved over $150 :dismay:

Someone needs to catch this guy - and keep law enforcement out of it :beers:

Quick google showed quite a few incident including spam and phone scam. Depends on how many people come forward, they might have something else like wire fraud against him.  At least put him on the radar with the fcc. 

the dude obviously fishes… he took the time to post about the first 50 pounder he cought using a mikes custom pike… I will gladly take a trip to Boston and knock on his door, I’m only a hour away 

Just now, Windknot508 said:

the dude obviously fishes… he took the time to post about the first 50 pounder he cought using a mikes custom pike… I will gladly take a trip to Boston and knock on his door, I’m only a hour away 

If anyone mailed him a money order or payment, I'd love to post his address with the rest of the information in this thread :idea:

got a pm this weekend looked like a scam and didn't look into it any farther will report things like this next time  

Tim's right about following the rules.  It's easy and all of them are here to protect you.  Do a search on the phone number if someone ever approaches you again outside of here.  Just a simple search of this number will tell you all you need to know.  Google is your friend, people.

This is possibly worse than the saga of the gent who tried to sell his proprietary "sealed" reels

Maybe the number of post should be raised to 50 before you can BST, or at least   before you sell or trade. When I see something I may be interested first thing I look at is the number of post. Second I'll check the sellers previous post and the forums he/she  was active in.