Crabalanche

NH Striper Reports

Rate this topic

63 posts in this topic

Heading out this week to make sure everything is in running order. I'll HAVE to try a few spots on the rivers to see if the alewife are in and if anyone is chasing them. I'll report back ASAP 

I've been out twice in the last week or so and managed 1 fish each trip. Both were right around 24 inches which is amazing for this time of year. Not a lot of action on top, so I did a lot of trolling. Lower Little Bay and the mouths of rivers is where I have been concentrating my time. Soft plastics with jig heads and you should hook up.

20220514_120814~2.jpg

Thanks for the update! Good to see some good ol fashion fishing reports.

8 hours ago, Crabalanche said:

I've been out twice in the last week or so and managed 1 fish each trip. Both were right around 24 inches which is amazing for this time of year. Not a lot of action on top, so I did a lot of trolling. Lower Little Bay and the mouths of rivers is where I have been concentrating my time. Soft plastics with jig heads and you should hook up.

20220514_120814~2.jpg

Nice, I’ve been toying with driving south this weekend, looks like maybe I could save some gas money! 

Posted (edited)

No stripers  yesterday but did catch 3 nice floundah. Fished out of my kayak. Wind was brutal a lot of work . Looking for better weather .

Edited by Fishinjohny
add info.

Getting after it tomorrow night to kick off 2022. So many spots…so little time! Hopefully I’ll have some info Sunday! 

Took my boys out in kayaks around the Portsmouth / New Castle area today.

There were certainly a few fish around, but we had to work for them.  Saw some boils in a small rip with a few terns diving and each boy hooked up immediately.  My 9 year old was hooting and hollering as his fish was above 20" and pulled around our tandem yak.

A fun morning.  

It was so much cooler on the water today compared to spots just 5-10 miles inland.  Something like a 20 degree delta on my ride home between Hampton and Exeter.

And now its cool everywhere. Like its supposed to be in mid to late may. Was like early August the last two days...at least inland. 

Fish just south of the border Sat night, Danny plugs, paddle tails and bucktails.  Scouted some nice new water but no takers. Crazy hot inland…to fog and sweatshirts on the water. 

Got fish in the books for 2022. 20-26” size fish. Lots of activity teaming in the area. Fish and birds everywhere, just out of range of course... One guy going out in the kayak was gonna have an acre of bass all to himself! Lucky bastard!

20 hours ago, VitaminDee said:

Tons of sandeels around with no fish on em.

Or…. Wait for the tide to change?