luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - May 2022

Rate this topic

115 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, rdiezel said:

A couple pics of some blues from last outings, dropped some bigger fish while fishing some holes out front.

Any pattern to the tides they are biting on? Or has it just been when they show up...

Posted (edited)

I’d like to say that incoming water has been better, especially if it’s nice and clean. But for the most part of the blue fish are around you’ll get into them at some point. I had to move around a lot to find some fish. @JAL

Edited by rdiezel

4 hours ago, rdiezel said:

I’d like to say that incoming water has been better, especially if it’s nice and clean. But for the most part of the blue fish are around you’ll get into them at some point. I had to move around a lot to find some fish. @JAL

My experience as well. Bite seems to completely shut off at the outgoing. 

3 hours ago, danta said:

:hooked::beers: what area were blues caught

one of the many many jetties in the area....  please re-read the first post of the fishing report threads (that includes asking questions) :deadhorse:

On 5/25/2022 at 0:17 PM, rdiezel said:

Thanks.

Bay was real nice last night.

Small blues, some trout, and schoolies.

No big fish around.

Will try again over the holiday.

15 hours ago, danta said:

asking md or delware 

Yes lol, like I said, I had to move around a lot.

Did they close the south OSV for the birds?  Everything was open last weekend but seeing on the OSV count page it’s closed @21.8.  Was planning an early trip tomorrow.  

Whole bunch of people out there this weekend. Seems like the bluefish bite shut down in Delaware after Friday. A lot of bird activity in the inlet but only came up with hickory shad. 

I didn't realize how bad the north inlet beach area is. At high tide there basically isn't a beach anymore. 

Yep, OSV was closed at 21.8 when we got down there Friday.  Fished Sat - Mon and had nothing to show for it, beach was tight with the closure so I couldn't get my choice spots.  Water was a tad bit warmer, the dolphins and pelicans gave a nice show.

Be warned on that sand, it is pretty bad out there, I got stuck and was able to get out but saw and helped a few ill prepared people get out, ruts are deep and many vehicles bottomed out.