luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - May 2022

Rate this topic

115 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, hunter123 said:

I personaly would give Fenwick a try. I don't know why I would , just a gut feeling. You could have the Fenwick beach for yourself. Good luck.

I was there yesterday. got 1 drum ..only 1...fished hard for the whole incoming...only 2 skates, 1 sm dogg..

11 hours ago, hunter123 said:

I personaly would give Fenwick a try. I don't know why I would , just a gut feeling. You could have the Fenwick beach for yourself. Good luck.

I was debating about Fenwick but ended up on 3Rs based on bait shop info. Apparently bunker was in short supply right now. Had clams on a drum rig on my 12' pole. Then 2 hi lo rigs with combinations of FBBW, clam bits and sand fleas that I dug up fresh. Found about a dozen and a half really nice sized fleas with little effort. However......NOTHING.....something kept taking fleas off one rig but I apparently am not skilled enough yet to hook anything!  Was on beach from 630 AM to about 1. Other than the wind it turned into a nicer day than I expected.

oh well....another learning process I guess

9 hours ago, hot tuna said:

I was there yesterday. got 1 drum ..only 1...fished hard for the whole incoming...only 2 skates, 1 sm dogg..

I wonder how the Old Inlet tournament will turn out. There calling for Thunder storms , rain. Without the thunder it would be good striper weather. Maybe in a week or two. It's gotta get better. lol

3 mins ago, hunter123 said:

I wonder how the Old Inlet tournament will turn out. There calling for Thunder storms , rain. Without the thunder it would be good striper weather. Maybe in a week or two. It's gotta get better. lol

It’s canceled 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Capture.JPG

...that may curtail any bird activity that may or may not be....  if this holds, hope the beach is back open by next weekend...

Edited by luckyOC

AI this afternoon, nuthin. This morning in the OC inlet caught 3 shad. Jetty this morning,  couple tog, 2/3 were keepers, tossed em back. This evening went back to the jetty and had some good toggin. Maybe 4-5 keepers out of 6-7 fish. Again, tossed them back. Saw a bunch of shad jumping. Birds were slamming down into the water. Saw some dolphins too. After that went to the beach to go skate fishing. Nothing if you can believe it. You know it’s bad when even I can’t catch a skate lol. Glad I was able to catch that drum last month, because the beach has been pretty dead every time I’ve been out this month. At least the shad fishing is good.

I fished the Oceanic pier last weekend, caught quit a few shad, they were fun to catch, big, some jumpers. A lot of fun, no Tog.

15 hours ago, ProSkateFisherman said:

AI this afternoon, nuthin. This morning in the OC inlet caught 3 shad. Jetty this morning,  couple tog, 2/3 were keepers, tossed em back. This evening went back to the jetty and had some good toggin. Maybe 4-5 keepers out of 6-7 fish. Again, tossed them back. Saw a bunch of shad jumping. Birds were slamming down into the water. Saw some dolphins too. After that went to the beach to go skate fishing. Nothing if you can believe it. You know it’s bad when even I can’t catch a skate lol. Glad I was able to catch that drum last month, because the beach has been pretty dead every time I’ve been out this month. At least the shad fishing is good.

Pro skate. Ypu do know Tog are great eating and tasting fish. 

8 mins ago, hunter123 said:

Pro skate. Ypu do know Tog are great eating and tasting fish. 

I can’t count how many times people have told me to eat tog. I have yet to try them. I think I’ll get them next time I go to a seafood restaurant down there if they have them. Don’t have anywhere to cook the ones I catch. And I think I’d feel bad if I kept one lol. I think they’re kind of cute.

9 hours ago, ProSkateFisherman said:

Just saw that tog on another site. Wish I could catch them that big lol.

He must of caught that from a boat, wreck fishing, Great fish. Great filates.