Goldy

The new van staal vsx model.

Rate this topic

102 posts in this topic

4 mins ago, ImBigNate said:

The first guy told me 1300 and i was like ill just wait for the vsx2 to come out and get a lefty then and his response was well enjoy your 19oz reel. He said the og vs were 11.12oz. Do you have any info or does anyone on the specs of the vsx2? 

The vsxII are made out of a proprietary titanium aluminum carbon fiber infused material that will be 1/4 the weight of the original but 4x’s as strong. 

1 min ago, Drew C. said:

The vsxII are made out of a proprietary titanium aluminum carbon fiber infused material that will be 1/4 the weight of the original but 4x’s as strong. 

Wow sounds like ill wait for the vsx2s to release then if thats the case, hopefully i can get my hands on a gen 2 gold 150L if they make them!

When you put this reel on a carbon lite Century rod it will float away into the atmosphere after you catch a three 60 lb. stripers!

21 mins ago, LowEnd said:

When you put this reel on a carbon lite Century rod it will float away into the atmosphere after you catch a three 60 lb. stripers!

Will that get one a prostaff position?

4 hours ago, levari said:

Why is the new version an issue ?

The new version is of no consequence to me one way or the other. It is the decision to not support the VS/VSX models going forward. If the information I received was incorrect and they will continue to support the current models then i would have no problem with them. 

Marc 

7 hours ago, mml4 said:

The new version is of no consequence to me one way or the other. It is the decision to not support the VS/VSX models going forward. If the information I received was incorrect and they will continue to support the current models then i would have no problem with them. 

Marc 

Thank you for clarifying your position. I doubt the information you received. We just need to wait and see. 

14 hours ago, mml4 said:

Marc 

Exactly the reason I sold mine....3 of the very first sub 100 serial number lefty 250's and don't regret it one bit. Cleaned and greased some of the old 705's, fresh Fireline...casts the same, catches the same fish.

4 hours ago, surfrat59 said:

Exactly the reason I sold mine....3 of the very first sub 100 serial number lefty 250's and don't regret it one bit. Cleaned and greased some of the old 705's, fresh Fireline...casts the same, catches the same fish.

Fact

Is it bailed convertible to bailess?  Otherwise...why is there a rotor arm opposite the line roller.

Only servses as a knuckle thwakker at that point no?

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Is it bailed convertible to bailess?  Otherwise...why is there a rotor arm opposite the line roller.

Only servses as a knuckle thwakker at that point no?

I don’t think the prototype rotor is convertible. The black lefty has a counter weight side that looks longer than the roller side. 

D590F3D0-5ED8-42BC-BB87-844BE4EE70A0.jpeg

D061BA4D-30CA-4275-8221-AB04FAED807D.jpeg

B7260198-A696-441D-8993-075BDB6FF164.jpeg

Edited by ged

9 mins ago, ged said:

I don’t think the prototype rotor is convertible. 

D590F3D0-5ED8-42BC-BB87-844BE4EE70A0.jpeg

D061BA4D-30CA-4275-8221-AB04FAED807D.jpeg

B7260198-A696-441D-8993-075BDB6FF164.jpeg

Ged - i know right now we are all speculating but why do u think they changed the rotor?

as a side note there is going to have to be something really amazing for me to buy this reel. 

the problem for most who have vsx there really is no reason to change.  But at some point Pure needs to move the bottom line.  

they are sitting there thinking how do we get all these vsx owners and vs owners to buy new reels.   They cant do what apple does by draining your battery with code updates.  So they are stuck.  Its a tough business model. 

how many working VS can you have?   I have 4. Some people have 10-20.  At what point are we buying because we need or want