Goldy

The new van staal vsx model.

Rate this topic

102 posts in this topic

I will not be purchasing any products from Pure Fishing held Brands in the future. There are more than enough quality choices in the market so I don't have to support this attempted manipulation by this corporate giant.

I  welcome those that join me,

Marc

18 hours ago, ged said:

9670E265-40EB-4FF4-AF75-1BC78474DA14.jpeg

B0F903E5-5BAD-4DCE-B6D1-329995FD1920.jpeg

63B7E050-3A34-43CD-B301-3BB66A0BB6F7.jpeg

28093CCE-D7EB-4149-AE51-5538E0F2A458.jpeg

Its a beauty, and i love to see it has a lefty version already ive been hunting down a 150L and thats a tough process

It’s a nice looking reel. 
To me it looks like the main body is the same as the old VS. The rotor forward is the new revised bailed VS version.

I hope not to be rail roaded into this but we will see.

Love my old VS reels.

5 hours ago, ImBigNate said:

Im just hoping to see a lefty revamp in the vsx-2 model line its like pulling teeth to find a 150L currently 

i have 3 L   to bad they dont make them anymore, mine are 2 digit and work awsome after all these years

9 mins ago, bassmaster said:

i have 3 L   to bad they dont make them anymore, mine are 2 digit and work awsome after all these years

Dude u cant catch fish

15 mins ago, bassmaster said:

Wow thats nuts, ive talked to 2 people on Facebook so far about vs 150Ls and one guy wants 1250 for a silver and then 1300 for a solid bronze which is tempting but at the same time the vsx2 comes out in a few months im clueless on what to do. 

1 min ago, ImBigNate said:

Wow thats nuts, ive talked to 2 people on Facebook so far about vs 150Ls and one guy wants 1250 for a silver and then 1300 for a solid bronze which is tempting but at the same time the vsx2 comes out in a few months im clueless on what to do. 

it flat out sucks, my 250 has a prototype drag knob, I have spare parts still, I sold a few off and wish i never did, so I have my 3 reels and love them , they are us made and very old

Posted (edited) · Report post

If the reel works well, that’s what matters. Stripers don’t care if you have a Jersey Gold VS or a Zebco, and anglers shouldn’t care either. 

90% of people who buy a VS don’t even use it to it’s potential, and the 10% who do will have a backup for their backup’s backup even if the chances of a failure are slim.

I hated my original VS, and they haven’t made getting a lefty remotely possible, so I just fish the alternatives. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t look at getting one if it’s a tank and offered in lefty models.

Edited by Sir Defyable

9 hours ago, mml4 said:

I will not be purchasing any products from Pure Fishing held Brands in the future. There are more than enough quality choices in the market so I don't have to support this attempted manipulation by this corporate giant.

I  welcome those that join me,

Marc

Why is the new version an issue ?

1 hour ago, ImBigNate said:

The people on the two Big Facebook groups are clueless compared to the info you'll get here. Most of it is just buying and selling the same Gold reels in mint condition for 1200-1800 and then fighting about what color braid to put on it. 

Just now, jk20a3 said:

The people on the two Big Facebook groups are clueless compared to the info you'll get here. Most of it is just buying and selling the same Gold reels in mint condition for 1200-1800 and then fighting about what color braid to put on it. 

The first guy told me 1300 and i was like ill just wait for the vsx2 to come out and get a lefty then and his response was well enjoy your 19oz reel. He said the og vs were 11.12oz. Do you have any info or does anyone on the specs of the vsx2?