DEmaggIRI

VS 150 issue..handle hitting line roller??

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

its called damage. bented handle most likely.  you probably unknowingly hit or banged up the reel somewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 mins ago, DEmaggIRI said:

Handle on vs150 is hitting my line roller during retrieve ??? Used the search function and can’t find any info on potential fix 

servise one solution.

cheep solution.

take the handle off put in wise,put on the jaw thick leather to not make marks on handle and band how much is needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking ..I noticed when my handle is parallel with rod the spool isn’t fully open like it should be ..but I can’t imagine that would cause this issue ..I added some shims in handle itself but that did nothing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DEmaggIRI said:

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking ..I noticed when my handle is parallel with rod the spool isn’t fully open like it should be ..but I can’t imagine that would cause this issue ..I added some shims in handle itself but that did nothing 

if the handle is not bent,then it is ,timing or wrongly asembled..

did it work before.?

did you take that a part or loan that to sombody ?

first you have to find the problem,then you can fix that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked my others, they are all 3 o’clock, even my VR.

I mostly cast with my Handel down (old Penn Z habit) but realize that the spool. Is not fully extended. Close but not quite.

Sounds like yours the timing is off. I think if you crank 3 times you should be able to replicate the issue. Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have up and down play in the spool at different parts of its stroke. Some of the older reels had a weak traverse guide that could bend and open up a little.6265b2f800956_image_redirect(1).jpeg.5301ad5a3553e405a6f500e0a729c732.jpeg

If its bent you will have some up-down slop somewhere in the spool cycle which could cause your problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, snag777 said:

if the handle is not bent,then it is ,timing or wrongly asembled..

did it work before.?

did you take that a part or loan that to sombody ?

first you have to find the problem,then you can fix that.

Started happening after I put on a power knob ..i guess it’s possible that there was a washer that I dropped ….took power knob off and went back to the stock knob and am having same issue ..thinking about getting an extended handle arm to replace this one ..if it is bent or a part missing then and handle arm should fix it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bergallmaster said:

Do you have up and down play in the spool at different parts of its stroke. Some of the older reels had a weak traverse guide that could bend and open up a little.6265b2f800956_image_redirect(1).jpeg.5301ad5a3553e405a6f500e0a729c732.jpeg

If its bent you will have some up-down slop somewhere in the spool cycle which could cause your problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.