bob_G

Man, I'm not liking all these seals

Rate this topic

301 posts in this topic

On 5/17/2022 at 11:46 AM, bb1 said:

Enough of you too bb1.

You've been warned ad nauseam. You still persist. You never get the message. But then again, perhaps you don't want to get the message.  I really enjoy your fishing posts, but right now they're becoming a liability.

I know the 'message' all to well.    It's the massage if intolerance.

And I remember many years ago the administrator of the Massachusetts Forum posted that Nixon was to blame for the seal population....in response to a posting I made on the same subject.

(don't believe me, look it up)

50 mins ago, bb1 said:

And I remember many years ago the administrator of the Massachusetts Forum posted that Nixon was to blame for the seal population....in response to a posting I made on the same subject.

Spell check.

2 hours ago, bb1 said:

Most shark attacks on humans are in shallow, wading water.

Haven’t all of the attacks on the cape been people out in deep water either swimming or boogie boarding?

I don’t care what happens in Florida with small sharks. We’re talking big great whites here. 

16 mins ago, z-man said:

Haven’t all of the attacks on the cape been people out in deep water either swimming or boogie boarding?

I don’t care what happens in Florida with small sharks. We’re talking big great whites here. 

Z,

I seem to recall the old doctor from NY who got attacked several years ago was only waist deep.  

The lady that was killed here was in about 20ft of water swimming if I remember correctly. 

10 mins ago, bob_G said:

Z,

I seem to recall the old doctor from NY who got attacked several years ago was only waist deep.  

I’m pretty sure he was swimming in deep water. 

19 mins ago, z-man said:

Ok, then perhaps I'm wrong.

Posted (edited)

27 mins ago, z-man said:

He was only 10 feet from shore.  GW's attack from below in open water but chase seals into shallow water where its turbid, thats what happened to the NY guy and the boogie border.  

edit: i've just read 3 different articles and all 3 had different depths from 8-30 feet lol 

Edited by harley48

"In his first interview since the Aug. 15 attack , Lytton said he’d been swimming in about “8 to 10 feet” of water off Truro, Massachusetts, when he felt an incredible pain shoot through his left leg and quickly realized he was being attacked by a shark."

If I remember from the reports of the lady in Maine being attacked, she swam regularly for exercise in a black wetsuit. It happened well north of Portland-about mid Maine. 

End of a long work week, so I am going by memory of the reports vs. looking up the specifics.

12 mins ago, bumknee said:

If I remember from the reports of the lady in Maine being attacked, she swam regularly for exercise in a black wetsuit. It happened well north of Portland-about mid Maine. 

End of a long work week, so I am going by memory of the reports vs. looking up the specifics.

She was swimming in a wetsuit and it was on bailey Island not very far from Portland.  

5 hours ago, bb1 said:

The Marine Mammal Protection Act was signed into law on October 21, 1972. The identity of the President who signed it on that date is a historical fact. It's not clear whether there were enough votes in Congress to override, if he vetoed it, but in any event, he was a supporter of it.

Do you have a point, or are you just going to complain about how unfairly you've been treated, despite still being here after several bans and stays in mod queue, and countless edited political posts? :rolleyes: 

It’s impressive that some of the low tide wading spots haven’t had an attack. I have seen headless seals in the area. 

seals were lined up in southern Maine last September and the stripers were blitzing it was every cast ! changed my seals means no fish theory !