ProSkateFisherman

April/May fishing reports

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

Nobody has started any fishing reports here yet for April, so I’ll start one here. Might as well include May too. I’ll startFE1A5EE4-F193-45DD-A6AA-B10D6A468924.jpeg.883435bab73706983c3599710d37eb71.jpegBig blue, maybe every bit of 15 pounds. Bunker chunks at Sandy Point. Some guy next to me caught a big one too. Something to scratch the itch of big fish until the stripers reopen

Posted (edited) · Report post

17 hours ago, ProSkateFisherman said:

Nobody has started any fishing reports here yet for April, so I’ll start one here. Might as well include May too. I’ll startFE1A5EE4-F193-45DD-A6AA-B10D6A468924.jpeg.883435bab73706983c3599710d37eb71.jpegBig blue, maybe every bit of 15 pounds. Bunker chunks at Sandy Point. Some guy next to me caught a big one too. Something to scratch the itch of big fish until the stripers reopen

Sandy Point off the Colonial Parkway? If so I grew up 5 miles from there. 

Edited by hhager23

2 hours ago, hhager23 said:

Sandy Point off the Colonial Parkway? If so I grew up 5 miles from there. 

This is the one next to the bay bridge. There’s more than one sandy point?

6 mins ago, ProSkateFisherman said:

This is the one next to the bay bridge. There’s more than one sandy point?

Yes. There is one off the Colonial Parkway between Williamsburg & Yorktown. It was loaded with cownose rays. 

sandy.png

Posted (edited) · Report post

20220426_030431.jpg.cb9ff44f50307062428fb34c005a540d.jpg

20220426_004656.jpg.7792189e08195b6edd2879d4089ad437.jpg

20220426_022648.jpg.e6bb0e0f7a33e6ce9b3d4bfc3ceaf1b4.jpg

Healthy mix of Reds and trout tonight. Finished off the night with a handful of shad on light tackle. Steady action throughout the incoming.

Edited by Sandbar1

If you don't mind without spot burning, what general area are you in?  I'm vacationing just north of Cape Charles in early June and will be fishing out of my kayak.  Trying to figure out what to expect.  Would love to get into reds and trout while were there.  

Hampton, Norfolk area.

Planning to launch the yak soon as well. This past week the bite has been consistent from shore, as soon as the incoming starts the fish move in. When this bite dies I'll have to start covering water.

5 hours ago, dj1975232 said:

If you don't mind without spot burning, what general area are you in?  I'm vacationing just north of Cape Charles in early June and will be fishing out of my kayak.  Trying to figure out what to expect.  Would love to get into reds and trout while were there.  

Check out Kiptopeeke state park which is not too far south of cape charles

Fished the susquehanna. Tried to shad fish. Nothing. Then all of the sudden a wave pushed a snakehead onto the bank. So I tried to snakehead fish. Ended up catching my PB bass. Over 30”, easy. Maybe 10 pounds. Fat and healthy. Caught another bass, just a little schoolie, 16-18”, a little later. Good day of fishing despite catching none of the target species lol.