junkfish

Gulp question?

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

For those of you who use gulp for bait, do you keep it in the zip bag it comes in or do you consolidate it into a larger container?  If you put it into another container, what do you use?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Plano containers. Get them on Amazon. I have some Gulp that's 5 yrs old and older. Just replace the liquid. I'm a Gulp addict. LOL

51U7kp0Xp1L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Edited by fdhog

Gulp juice will stain and ruin clothes. Another option I've found that works amazing is one of these. Wide open top allows to easy access and we just tie a pair of small plastic tongs w/ a piece of 100lb mono onto the handle so our hands stay clean. Igloo legend red portable water jug 1qt. @$7.29 you can fit 50-100 baits Np. Plus lots of room for more fresh gulp juice so just dump it in and go. 

Good luck,

Ctown

Screenshot_20220421-153621_Chrome.jpg

a tip i learned from here, I buy Talenti ice cream, eat the ice cream. and store my gulp in the container. I have larger sizes in one, smaller in another, etc. fit perfectly in my boat cabinets and don't leak! Win, win. 

Once I open the pack I dump all my gulp into one large container. I use a large leakproof container I think its made by Plano but not exactly sure as I purchased it years ago. No complaints and what I really like is that I can grab which ever piece I want easily w/o having to dig around a smaller container and I can drop my whole rig back in the gulp juice whenever needed. Similar to the one seen below. 

71n7wf8iXbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Some good ideas.  Never new Plano made the screw lid container.  Nice to hear that the yellow one doesnt leak.  That's a big plus.  Thanks.

The Plano containers with red lids are good. I have a bunch of them storing various gulp in

colors, Types, and sizes.

On 4/22/2022 at 9:18 AM, surfstryker said:

Talenti ice cream, eat the ice cream. and store my gulp in the container

best idea yet !!

Never had Gulp juice stain my clothes, but then again, I wear crappy clothes when I go fishing.

I use my fingers when I pull out pieces. The only down side is that my fingers smell like I was on a hot date with a dirty girl. LOL

On 4/25/2022 at 4:10 PM, fdhog said:

Never had Gulp juice stain my clothes, but then again, I wear crappy clothes when I go fishing.

I use my fingers when I pull out pieces. The only down side is that my fingers smell like I was on a hot date with a dirty girl. LOL

I wonder what gulp juice actually is. 

On 4/22/2022 at 9:18 AM, surfstryker said:

a tip i learned from here, I buy Talenti ice cream, eat the ice cream. and store my gulp in the container. I have larger sizes in one, smaller in another, etc. fit perfectly in my boat cabinets and don't leak! Win, win. 

These jars work very well.