Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wet Lines

Using teasers in the fall season

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Is it worth using a teaser in front of a plug or is it just more hard ware to loose when you get hung up? rolleyes.gif

I know you sacrifice some casting distance, however I would think the presentation of smaller bait being chased buy a larger one would beneficial.

Do you change your retrieve to affect the teaser and plug's action?

Is there a preferred dropper loop knot?

What is your personnel choice of teaser, fly, rubber, ect? confused.gif

I used to use teasers a lot more than I do now, but it is mostly due to my lack of time to tie them eek.gif I have a lot of faith in them and would rather have one than not have one unless it is a really snagged filled area and will then try catching without a teaser and if i can't get bites then put one on. Open beaches a teaser is almost always on. When I am fishing outside of NJ i fish teasers alot less and a as needed basis too. I am not sure why.

I like flies best. I use the 4" fins and sluggos too though and redgills if i can find where i last put them.

Over the years I've probably caught more fish on teasers than on plugs.

When the bait is small I always use em unless the fishing is stupid, double headers are a pain in the butt, and when the bluefish are in heavy and I'm using custom wood that I don't want to have bitten off.

Metal and teaser combo's are killer when the sand eels are around.

Redgills heart.gif

I have a secret homemade recipe for a fly that works very well in the fall. Subtle differences that make it something I have never seen before.

Having caught a good portion of my fish on the teaser, I feel it ups my chances and I always use a teaser. Even if the teaser is just picking up twinkies, I will be using it. I enjoy catching, no matter how big the fish are. Maybe one day I will have had my fill of small fish and target large, but for now there's always a fly on my line. Never tried redgills and probably never will. I love tying flies.

Kinda weird... when the fall fishing is going crazy, full boar I tend not to use one... Them blue bastages just have a way of tearing everything up, especially the teaser.

it's personal thing ..but for me is it worth it ?

no

I would only use I teaser under one condition,when bass refuse to strike a plug.

In the fall ,this is rarely ever a problem ,thank God

i started using a teaser last year and notice most of the hits i have been getting are on them, but im learning you have to tie them right as well. last week - I left a 12 inch tag when I tied my flouro leader to my PPRO - then i made a sourgens loop on the tag and tied my teaser to that -Its alot stronger than having a regular dropper loop in the middle of the line - I also left 3 to 4 feet for main line to my snap swivel with my plug. its harder casting but The second I rigged this and my plug hit the water - i watched a striper jump out of the wave and grab my teaser. (last week i got four stripers and three were on the teaser) I guess you can say it was dumb luck - but I have been catching more fish with this system than before with no teaser or the teaser tied incorrectly. IM now a believer.

I started using teasers all the time maybe a year ago and my catch rate has gone way up.The only time I take em off now is when the blues get really thick as was mentioned earlier.

I would only use I teaser under one condition,when bass refuse to strike a plug.

In the fall ,this is rarely ever a problem ,thank God

Z remember those Lock Jaw days last fall.

Take care Pal

V.