L Train

Drastic Daily Coastal Wind Velocity Change Every Week

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I have noticed over the last five or so years, possibly longer, that there has been a somewhat drastic change in the wind velocity along the coast, Twenty to forty years ago, there might be high winds about two days a week and now it is most often five or six days a week.

Does anyone out there have a data based reason for this change, and based on the current data, what are the coastal wind projections in the oncoming years?

Appreciate all knowledgeable feedback

L

I say it all the time Foching wind.... its never windy when I stay home and play house with the girlfriend (which has its rewards) but come my free time to go fishing it completely blows it up, especially in the spring where one fishes a lot of back water spots.

Can make wind work for me on the South Shore of LI in the fall but it kills you on Norths shore once it goes over 10 mph..  and yes I agree the amount of days with high sustained winds that we now see is so much more than 20 years ago....just my .02

It’s windy most of the time at the beach. I believe it has gotten worse as you say. I believe it is because of global warming or possibly a lasting effect of vivid.

Taking the kids out on the boat during the summer almost always ends up 

being not what it started as.... Calm in the morning, and full blown wind by 11 am