Jacks

The Season- A rundown 2022

Rate this topic

426 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, LowEnd said:

Pretty good day today despite the west wind and the cold.

Did a long session today, 6 hours.

Landed 38 bass 20” to 26” on BT and teaser combo. 2/3 of the bass hit the teaser.

Had many hits and dropped some too.

Only double header

C6BFF52C-06E3-4BEB-9AEE-715F039E6C1D.jpeg

You fought the cold this afternoon twice as long as I did ! Bakers dozen split pretty evenly teaser/small bucktail...some of the nicer slots I've beached in the last two weeks though, I'll take it.

On a November long skunk, usually make it a tradition to go out thanksgiving weekend with some family and always at least manage a handful of schoolies. Might have to start cleaning out the truck instead. 

man.. anyone see the rat bass blitzes going off in jersey the past week..     this recent cold spell and new moon have me debating hanging it up and switching over to hunting saturday mornings.

1 min ago, GarbageFish said:

man.. anyone see the rat bass blitzes going off in jersey the past week..     this recent cold spell and new moon have me debating hanging it up and switching over to hunting saturday mornings.

Numbers are dwindling but haven't seen a rat yet...quantity over quality is the mindset from here on out. Scale down the tackle and the offerings, enjoy it. Bringing the 6wt along from here on out, the're still in the lip on the right winds.

Still some good fish in the wash in Jersey, watching the wind, if it's favorable I'm going...

Small window this morning at false dawn. Landed 2 slots 32”&34” and one short on pencil. Picked another short a little while later.

Burned some gas looking for birds close to the beach. Every time (5) I saw them close I would get there and they were gone.

Took a break and went back out at 1:30 to find birds, peanuts and bass on the shore. 2.5 hrs of blitzing bass. Landed another 4 slots to 31” and another 14 shorts all on bucktails.

Left them chewing.

2E29D11C-FC75-45A7-A8CC-43B66F403BDB.jpeg

07A620E9-A493-4B8F-881E-A7B1087CB981.jpeg

Went out yesterday morning central south shore and caught one fish. Told myself that was it for me but hit a local south shore beach at dawn this morning and hooked up on my first cast. Once sun came up and wind began to blow, nothing else. 

May keep it going another week.