Jacks

The Season- A rundown 2022

Rate this topic

426 posts in this topic

Got down at low tide for the afternoon bite. Lots of bunker out of reach with birds working some blow ups and a whale feeding just outside the bar. Picked away at shorts. Heard there was a good early bite on a few beaches. Gonna try to get my lazy ass up early tomm.

Screenshot_20221108-194241_Photos.jpg

51 mins ago, the3fishheads said:

Got down at low tide for the afternoon bite. Lots of bunker out of reach with birds working some blow ups and a whale feeding just outside the bar. Picked away at shorts. Heard there was a good early bite on a few beaches. Gonna try to get my lazy ass up early tomm.

Screenshot_20221108-194241_Photos.jpg

im assuming you are fishing western SS?

North wind cleaned up the water nicely, decent bite this morning. Mostly shorts, very few slots...almost all took small teaser.

8 hours ago, GarbageFish said:

man, i had the entire beach to myself last night and got into enough fish for my anti-reverse to crap the bed.

Usually don’t like fishing when there’s such a bright moon. That didn’t affect the fishing last night?

2 hours ago, GarbageFish said:

This weekends swell/blow is going to either end the season or change things up.

Hopefully blow some larger baits inshore, bring some bigger bass into range. . Wednesday was a repeat of Tuesday, dozens of shorts, few slots mixed in. No matter what I threw they all took the teaser. 3 casts out bunker were busting, cormorants diving on them heavy.

Hoping that the storm and following temperature drop help to kick things into gear for me. Went out earlier today and chunked bunker, threw top water and swimming lures, nothing. Birds were blowing up on bait but way too far out in the Bay for me to reach. Switched it up to bloodworms and got hit by porgies. November, and I’m still catching porgies in the shallows. 

Anyone have any favorite spots for blackfish on the north shore. Heading up there and have never fished it before

3 hours ago, LoneCaster said:

Rats…. Season nearing an end :(

Haven't seen em yet, lots of shorts and some chunky slots. Wind forecast backed down slightly, gonna give last of incoming a shot tonight...never know.

Fished this morning hard to escape the weed.

Still managed 7 on the BT all shorts but not death rats. Got a shad as well.

Should of stuck it out but I was wiped out from work last night and tomorrow might be un fishable!

34123DFF-52A8-445D-8A0E-A599BB9C3CE5.jpeg

3 mins ago, LowEnd said:

Fished this morning hard to escape the weed.

Still managed 7 on the BT all shorts but not death rats. Got a shad as well.

Should of stuck it out but I was wiped out from work last night and tomorrow might be un fishable!

34123DFF-52A8-445D-8A0E-A599BB9C3CE5.jpeg

Given the current state of the fishery and the lack of favorable winds and temps a good way to spend the morning ! After 3 straight mornings and probably 70 shorts/slots I took today off, hedging my bets for tonight. Always a crap shoot, can't catch anything from the couch.