Jacks

The Season- A rundown 2022

Rate this topic

402 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

Spring is finally here on the island and fishing is upon us. Here is a place to talk about everything related to fishing and hopefully catching. Hopefully this will help people throughout the season. (No spot burning!! Keep locations general)

Good luck to everyone this year :)

1 hour ago, carznfish said:

Anybody catching sea robins in numbers yet? 

I'm not catching anything in numbers yet. I've seen one bass and one Robbin that's it besides bunker

4 hours ago, GarbageFish said:

caught a parking ticket scoping out a new area.

You did better than me.

I caught cold.

Small paddletails have been working for me, hoping to find some bunker near me when this wind lets up 

45 mins ago, BrianC86 said:

Small paddletails have been working for me, hoping to find some bunker near me when this wind lets up 

Just in the bays? I've found bunker in the eastern ends of bays in deep water 

I just moved to the island this winter so this is my first season seriously trying to surf fish. Been out to my local beach a few times but no luck yet. Hoping the bite heats up soon!

Been catching bass for 4 weeks now. Hit the bays now, out front will take a week or two.

Bunker have been unusually  hard to find this season. Just fish anyway, caught some good bass already.

28 mins ago, LowEnd said:

Been catching bass for 4 weeks now. Hit the bays now, out front will take a week or two.

Bunker have been unusually  hard to find this season. Just fish anyway, caught some good bass already.

Don't listen to him too much, he will find bass in the middle of winter. 

1 hour ago, LowEnd said:

I will say I missed my first fish of the season last week and haven't fished much because of the weather. But four weeks is impressive

Been out a few times in Huntington, Centerport and CSH areas. Haven't seen a lick of bait of any kind. 0 bites on multiple tides, hoping it picks up with the new moon coming. 

Posted (edited)

Quick shake down this past Friday on the outgoing. Casted flies and swimmers for about an hour. My son on his fourth cast. Only fish 28" released. Huntington area. 

278793671_10228146477117175_1702044868224874449_n.jpg

Edited by brushfly

3 hours ago, brushfly said:

Quick shake down this past Friday on the outgoing. Casted flies and swimmers for about an hour. My son on his fourth cast. Only fish 28" released. Huntington area. 

278793671_10228146477117175_1702044868224874449_n.jpg

Nice! Hopefully more caught soon with the new moon and warmth